test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross Platform

Dear Devs & Investors,

You should RE-consider rebuilding "Neverwinter" as a cross-platform game similar to the likes of "Fortnite" using "Arc Games" ID linking to specific device (Xbox or PS5). Games like Fortnite already operate on similar premise Neverwinter does on specific platforms - zones are "canned" with a max number of players per zone. In Fortnite's case is 100 players; In Neverwinter's case is 20-22 players per zone - 2+ for invisible devs I suppose.

Not only can Neverwinter become a feasible cross-platform game but devs can also expand on its ability to increase the players per zone.

Once cross-platform - maybe PVP can become a thing again.

As we know, the game is slowly dying due to aging population. I'm example of it. I've been playing for over 7 years now. Own a business, married, 2 kids, but still play whenever I can. But the lack of players in Xbox can be discouraging. To offset this issue, it would be a grand idea for Neverwinter to be cross-platform instead of its current state.

I'm sure this idea has been kicked around, but today more than ever, its important for the devs and investors to consider.

A wishful thinking Warlock
-Legend

Comments

• Options
    toxicmephisto#4280 toxicmephisto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I would also love to have it cross-platform, to meet with some friends.

But I don't agree on the "dying game": I'm on Xbox and I see a lot of new players in the initial zones, when it happens I go there. Actually I would say the opposite
  • Options
    ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    I agree on having a personal desire for seeing the game go cross-platform, cross-save, etc. I also agree that end-game activity is dwindling, due mostly to a cloistering behavior of end-game players, rather than anything else. Since end-game players have a choice to make (stop cloistering, and give everyone eligible for end-game a chance to run it, instructing them, as needed or let go of the end-game to turn our attention to help more players get ready for it or ride off into the sunset, for awhile) that doesn’t depend on cross-play, the ultimate decision here is of negligible immediate impact.

I agree that the overall game is alive and well. However, over partitioning of the player activity in the game (desirability of the seasonal events, desirability of running Random Queues, desirability of running Reaper’s Challenge Queues, desirability of running Dragon Hunt Queues, desirability of campaign completions, desirability of adventure completions, desirability of professions resource runs, desirability of building up a guild’s Stronghold Rank (and Boon Plot ranks), and things beyond this, which I may have forgotten) has made the game endure an artificial thinning down of the population a particular player will tend to run into. This is most keenly seen in the part of the game with the most hurdles to eligibility, end-game, and much less frequently seen in the areas of the game with the fewest hurdles. Nevertheless, all areas have less area-by-area population than before, because of zone/content proliferation, with the exception of Protector’s Enclave, which I feel has become more crowded, and the current campaign zone(s), for the first couple of months following content release, which seem to tread water on population.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Dear Devs & Investors,

You should RE-consider rebuilding "Neverwinter" as a cross-platform game similar to the likes of "Fortnite" using "Arc Games" ID linking to specific device (Xbox or PS5). Games like Fortnite already operate on similar premise Neverwinter does on specific platforms - zones are "canned" with a max number of players per zone. In Fortnite's case is 100 players; In Neverwinter's case is 20-22 players per zone - 2+ for invisible devs I suppose.

Not only can Neverwinter become a feasible cross-platform game but devs can also expand on its ability to increase the players per zone.

Once cross-platform - maybe PVP can become a thing again.

As we know, the game is slowly dying due to aging population. I'm example of it. I've been playing for over 7 years now. Own a business, married, 2 kids, but still play whenever I can. But the lack of players in Xbox can be discouraging. To offset this issue, it would be a grand idea for Neverwinter to be cross-platform instead of its current state.

I'm sure this idea has been kicked around, but today more than ever, its important for the devs and investors to consider.

A wishful thinking Warlock
    -Legend

I empathically disagree. There should be absolutely no cross platform for this game. The botters, and other trash on PC makes the game unbearable there, I have an account over there for testing new content before it hits xbox, and I can't bring myself to play on it long enough to get that toon to endgame status. The trash in the chat is just way too distracting, and discouraging to carry on.

If you're having a hard time getting end game runs, change guilds or alliances. My Guild just changed allys, and our MTOS groups have doubled from our previous alliance.