test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Participation targets too high in Northdark

minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
Noticing this particularly on my bard who is minimum level for the zone and not particularly high DPS.

Fungal frenzy - trying to do my "kill 4 worms" quest, I attack as solidly as I can given the knockback for the entire duration the worms are up, I don't get credit for either.

Also the "kill 10 elites" I attack one for 10-15 seconds then some 82K DPS comes in and kills it in a few blows, I get no quest progress, when this happens 6 times in a row, it makes you feel very disinclined to play and particularly to spend any money on the game.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited January 2023

Noticing this particularly on my bard who is minimum level for the zone and not particularly high DPS.

Fungal frenzy - trying to do my "kill 4 worms" quest, I attack as solidly as I can given the knockback for the entire duration the worms are up, I don't get credit for either.

Assuming your problem is about the knockback (and miss all the damage opportunity), you won't be knockback if you start to roll and keep rolling (since you are a bard) when the worm starts to swing its head. I play 9 classes. All of them can avoid worm's knockback.

Also the "kill 10 elites" I attack one for 10-15 seconds then some 82K DPS comes in and kills it in a few blows, I get no quest progress, when this happens 6 times in a row, it makes you feel very disinclined to play and particularly to spend any money on the game.

Regarding the 'target' be 'taken' by others, well, this is not new. It happens in any zone and in any campaign, in the past, now, in the future. You can't change other players' behaviour. The best you can do is to avoid that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I am going to have to agree with OP on the worms.
    I ran the BHEs for the quest, completed 2 but only got credit for 3 worms. Ran 2 more BHEs got credit for no more. I tank, my paladin doesn't heal, if I tank the worms I should get credit for quest completion.

Joined a few players for a group and completed the quest, should not be required to group for credit.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

ok so the problem is that.. uhh game too hard, pls adjust to your level.

Fungal Frenzy BHE I done solo on my warlock..
    The other 7 times done with group, and it was very fast.

Now question, what's was holding you from teaming up with other players?? You realize that Big Heroic Encounters are meant to be completed with group, not solo???

The elite's hunting, don't like one person behavrious? Why not switch instance? Also why not team up with other player who also do same quest??
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    As far as I see it, if you hit a worm a couple of times regardless of your damage output and you are in the zone and the game registers you as present for that BHE, you should get credit for that worm. I have not had any problem with credits on either my main or my alt in doing this quest, only thing I do in any special way is to hit both worms and not just do one then move to the other, so I start hitting one several times, then I move across to the other one and give it several whacks for about 15 seconds to register I hit it, then I move back to the first one most people are doing and hit til dead and then move to the other one again. I only do this because if I don't hit both of them I worry if they both die when I've only been hitting one, it probably won't count the second one. But I have not had any problem on either character getting credits for the worms and only had to do 2 BHEs both times to get the 4. I'm doing DPS loadouts though and my damage is decent so I'm not affected like tanks etc are. Sounds like the threshold is way too high and they tried to make it so people had to participate properly in the battle to get credit and not just hit it once and leave. But sounds like they screwed it up.

For the "kill 10 elites" quest I wasn't bothered running around trying to find 10 different ones, on both characters I went to where there are 2 of them close by and killed them both then changed instances, killed them over and over until I was done. So changed instances 4 times to get it finished. The ones I decided on are the two down the bottom left of the map near where you go to the depths quest. There is a blue one standing on his own against a rock wall, and another one opposite there behind a mob, I think that one is purple but I forget. They're both close to each other, so kill them, change to an low-populated instance, go back to that spot, repeat til done.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    Since these are campaign quests, I think we may only need to do that once (per character) regardless how "difficult" it is. Of course, I won't know that for sure until later.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It was a special NPC so I would guess it was only for that part of the campaign.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    It's for the weapons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.