test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adventurer's Satchel

The first bag of the seven you could possibly own/have is the Adventurers' Satchel. This bag is a 42 slot bag, yet there is a 72 slot bag for sale and after purchasing one, I tried to change out bags.
Why is the 1st bag (Adventurer's Satchel) not able to be traded out with any other bag?
I would like to a have 72 slot bag as my 1st bag as well as the rest of the bags.
I am able to swap out bags 2 through 7 for a 72 slot bag, but NOT the 1st bag. Why?

Here is the response given by ARC.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Arc Games Support.

I understand that you would like to replace the Adventurer's Satchel with a bag that has more slots.

Please be advised that the option to reposition the Adventurer's Satchel is currently not present in-game. This is the way the developers designed it.  While Customer Service is unable to resolve your concern directly, I will gather the details that you have given to me and pass them on to the appropriate teams for further review.

I also recommend that you post this over at the forums if you have the time. This helps the team prioritize what to issues and feedback needs to be fixed and adjusted.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/player-feedback-xbox-one

I appreciate your understanding. Should you need further assistance, please let me know in your response and I will gladly help you. 

Regards,
GM Eriyaa
Game Master

Comments

• Options
    ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    First off, I just want to say I’m a longtime player of Neverwinter, not affiliated with Cryptic. Second, I’d like to offer you some historical context, relevant to your particular situation:

Up until about 1-2 years ago, our Adverturer’s Satchels were all 30-slot bags, and have never, as far as I’m aware, been removable/repositionable. Up until the Northdark Reaches module, bags had to be removable if you wanted to reposition them, simply because you had to empty said bags, have space for the bags themselves as items, remove said bags, then reequip them in the desired new order, then repopulate them, as desired, with your inventory items. This is to say, the devs have made significant quality of life improvements in this area.

Now for some (exceedingly likely) technical reasons for why the Adventurer’s Satchel is designed to be unmovable, and irreplaceable:
    - This bag is (fairly obviously) in a special initialization routine that generates differently than the other bags. The reason I say this is fairly obvious is simply this: Enough trips to an in-game vendor to sell your items will reveal that it’s the last thing off the stack, while the entirety of your other bags (normal inventory section ones) all simultaneously and immediately exist when you hit the sell tab. Stacks are last in, first out objects, so this doesn’t contradict that this is an initialization thing.
    - This bag is the one (in normal inventory) most directly tied into the overflow bag’s functionality. Unlike bags you can acquire, equip, reposition, and remove in the game, one bag has to stay perfectly stable for the dynamic nature of the overflow bag.
    - This bag has a hardcoded size, which isn’t easily alterable. When they did the upsize from 30-slot to 42-slot circa 1-2 years ago, the deployment of the change had a few bumps, if memory serves. They had a few patches, thereafter, which corrected the issues that arose from the upsize.
    - Unlike all other bags, this is the one used to insure an absolute minimum inventory size for all characters. Without altering everyone’s Adventurer’s Satchels en masse, as they did before, they can’t allow for a resize. Moreover, they can’t allow us to touch this bag’s position in inventory, nor its size, without allowing the player to possibly drive their inventory system entire off a cliff, likely irretrievably corrupting your character file.
    - It’s possible that this one bag, though displaying the 42-slot size in the normal part of your inventory, is also, technically, the bag containing all special inventory sections, or irrevocable intertwined to them. It’s definitely a fundamental section of inventory, that the other 6 optional bags aren’t.

Hopefully this provides some context to understand that some things in the game’s design aren’t as easily alterable as you’d like, and why that is (likely) the case, here.