test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher issue

bearpalsbearpals Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
When trying to launch, I get the "Unable to estatblish connection to Patch Server". I was playing on the game earlier today when it crashed. Now I just get this message. Even after re-downloading the game and Arc.
Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Comments

• krellus#1153 krellus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    having the same problem
  • archdruidessarchdruidess Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Was playing fine yesterday, tonight it's endless amounts of "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting # times." followed by "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support." I've tried running in various compatibility modes, I am running as admin and have tried running through Arc and without Arc, I am not using Steam, and I've never seen this error before when the game wasn't down. I'd think the game was down if my friend hadn't told me she was in it just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? (I did put in a ticket, but figure posting here can't hurt, either.)
  • zessa#2836 zessa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm currently unable to connect to the game also. My issue isn't with my internet because I have no problem launching two other games. Hopefully whatever is going on is resolved soon.
  • uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    when ya hit play in arc screen and it brings up neverwinter dont push play...click options and then select force verify might be because for some reason you are missing part of a patch or the game isny recognizing that you have updated the patch? worth a try anyways!
    Oh thank you, Dude! I believe you helped me resolve this issue once before. LOL! Going to give it a try and will be sure to let you know. :)
    Well, that was an excellent tip, and I was going to try that, but can't get to the screen where I would choose 'play' (or click the options). Once I put my password in it just continues with the little box in upper left corner that says it's "trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting _# of time". I'll try again after work today, and will contact support if it's still an issue. Thank you though.
  • having the same issue was playing and got DC and now cant get back in
    Well, I just tried again and having same problem. I guess it's time to contact support. My internet is fine, and my problem seems to be the inability to patch at launcher. I don't even make it to the option of choosing 'play'.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Before you enter your password, click options top right and select force verify then, then enter your password and hit login and see if that helps.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • archdruidessarchdruidess Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Unfortunately can't get to the launcher screen to hit play. The launcher endlessly tries to connect and start but I can't even get to the main launcher screen to force verify. Is there anything else? Any command line tricks or anything to do a workaround?
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    At the log-in stage you can click options top right and choose force verify then, see if it works.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    Hi everyone! I thought I'd come back and update here. I submitted a ticket and support got back to me really fast. My problem happened to be regional and was apparently affecting many players around the Ohio areas, as there were others besides me that were timing out.

Because this was an external issue, I was advised nothing could be done from the support end of things and to try again later. They also said they had forwarded reports directly to their developers. As it turned out, I was able to log in later that night and have been logging in daily since then with no further issues. Hopefully the others were able to log in eventually also.

Safe journeys, everyone!
    ~Kismet