test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storytellers Journal unbinding bug.

I have recently unbound four journals which are at mythic level item 600, as a consequence I have lost all the pages which where contained within them. Three where fully stacked (2 Greens & 1 White) with pages, the last (Red) journal I believe to have been empty. Is there anyway I can get these pages back? If this is intended as a function of the unbind process, I was most certainly not aware & would like to revoke my actions both in regard to purchasing the unbind tokens & the procedure itself as there is no point in owning the books without these fantastic additions. This is also, too high a penalty to motivate the reacquisition of these said pages if it is an intended mechanic. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Wait. Unbinding them removed the pages? Or do you mean unbinding them and moving them to another toon removed the pages?
  • Options
    f1r3r4m#4293 f1r3r4m Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    This is still wrong as a default transfer. I hot swap insignias & companion gear to my other toon’s via portable bank, the mythic enhancements I have are now stored as an account claim so all 8 of my toons have them permanently installed without need to hot swap at all. Six of these toon have 3 journals each, all earned from event, 2 also have the neck & waist gear to compliment the set. I configured a new toon (Bard) as I have not had this new class before & am thoroughly enjoying it, the journals where unbound from my main toon which is now going to be vastly inadequate if the option to hot swap is not available. To have to pay for the pages of the active artefact each time we swap out is ridiculous especially if they have limited appearances. The coding can’t be that difficult, surely not to the degree where you have to add a whole new code paragraph to enable page attachments as recognisable in the install of the artefact upgrade. A simple check list: if “yes” then “no” should be all it takes to clarify the journals status for the game account. I really like variety, when I get going at least 6 toons can be played in dungeons daily, I don’t play to win, nor for the RAD, I play to help other players progress, communicate dungeon mechanics & have fun while doing it. This will be a setback to my limited services online & should be rectified asap for the benefit of the whole. Thx for listening.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Does the page show up when you equip the unbind journal to the original character?

If it shows up, I believe it is WAI (which does not mean you would like it).
    If it does not show up, I believe it is a bug.

My understanding is: the pages tied to the character and not the Journal. You unbound the journal. You did not (and cannot) unbind the pages (which cannot be found in your inventory). You can consider the pages are character bound hidden items.

We also should know that they will not change it. This is 'known' for a year. Many already spend to buy pages. There will be many upset paid customers if they change course now and telling them "we were kidding. it was not WAI".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    f1r3r4m#4293 f1r3r4m Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    This is great news❗️😃 The main character still has the pages, I can’t thank you enough for this revelation!‼️ This means the Artefact can be swapped out but if the character equipping them has no pages then no bonuses are applied🤓…. My only dilemma now is getting all the toons that do not have pages fully updated & shall we say “knowledgable” with page contents🤨. If that hidden inventory could become visibly available in the claims tab like Enhancements or have the Zen Store comparison for free Companions & Mounts account claim options, then, we would be sorted❗️😇. I’m almost a compulsive collector & providing all toons with these additions would bring me much contentment 🧐😌. As the bard is a recent development for myself, I’ll have to keep an eye out for when the Journal Pages are on sale… In my opinion there’s no better class to have this with regard to class continuity, apart from perhaps wizard, as they thrive on telling stories through the mysticism of myth & magic, rhythm & song 📖 🪄 🎻🎼 thus providing motivation & illusion on our battlefields. Thx again 🙏🏼

Edit:
    P.S. As a side note, when viewing the Jounals on the trade house, if your toon has the page knowledge they will show as a filled slot. I believe this is where I became confused, thinking I could purchase a fully equipped book for another toon or sell an unbound at full capacity. 🍻
    Post edited by f1r3r4m#4293 on