test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I miss the 'Tales of Old' event

Not sure how everyone else feels but I thought this was one of the better events and would love to see it come back. I know alot of the hype was around the rewards when the event was new, but for me it was a nice challenge and would love to see this event return one day even if the rewards were changed to fit in with the appointment events like hell pit and nightmares, ect.

some of the things i really enjoyed about the event were.
1. The pressure to perform, and actually try not to die
2. The levels of difficulty to allow all skill levels of players to participate
3. The way players worked together as a team.

Would love to hear what others thought of the tales of old and what you liked / disliked about it

My only dislike (other than dying lol) was having party members d/c and respawn in PE :(

Comments

• Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Grand Storyteller here. Yes, I would love to do Tales of Old again. Ideally something featuring content removed such as old Castle Never.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I can't remember another event that made me pay as much attention as this one. Yes, I would also like him to return, even if without the books or artifact set as prizes. As you described, the event emotion with time, deaths and other modifiers was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Running the same dungeon 5 times in a row and HAMSTER it up for everyone if your connection hiccupped? No thanks. It was one of the worst of a whole series of terrible ideas.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    It was the event that said, "Hey, we could just give you back all the old content you miss, but we'd rather make it a miserable experience and only once in a while."
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    It was a good event but very stressing because you had to do a lot of runs in a week to get the rewards. You needed lot of time even if you didnt fail any run.

I think they should make it return, but You should be able to pick the difficulty from 1 to 3 level and make 1-3 runs depending on the difficulty to get the rewards for each day for example instead of having to run it 5 times each day.

Unique rewards are something that motivate players the most. The rewards were so good that we are using them after years. That was a +100 for cryptic.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I liked it especially because the Dread Vault used to be my fave dungeon and it got deleted (like everything does) so I got to run it again, albeit an edited-down version of it. I'd like to do this event again because I'm on a new account and don't have any of the titles. I had them all before and it would be nice to get them to use again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Since we got Day of Dungeon Master reworked to appointed event, there is possibility to have more of them frequently - would be nice to have beside the standard shared token reards, a event exclusive store too - not only WB addition; personaly would love to see Call to arms return, and Tales use only older dungeon version or mastered ones.