test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Temple of the Spider (Master) Feedback

Greetings, adventurers!

This is the thread to leave feedback on the Temple of the Spider (Master) dungeon. The dungeon requires 75,000 IL (70,000 in private) to enter and is intended to be very challenging to highly geared and skilled players.

The dungeon will be made available at roughly 12:00pm PDT on Friday 9/30 and turned off at roughly 12:00pm PDT on Monday 10/3. There may be future testing periods made available if additional iteration is needed.

The bosses in the dungeon have been rebuilt/replaced with brand new mechanics. The encounters throughout the dungeon have also been adjusted. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback on all aspects of the dungeon. GLHF!

Comments

• The fact that it is a dungeon that requires 70 is already a sign of being a challenge that few have tried to venture.
    Do I need to have run the campaign to be able to test in the preview?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

The fact that it is a dungeon that requires 70 is already a sign of being a challenge that few have tried to venture.
    Do I need to have run the campaign to be able to test in the preview?

There is a token in the preview store (wonderous bazaar has extra tabs) that unlocks it...once they open up the dungeon tomorrow.
  • archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    1. Texture problems everywhere. Stuck in walls, fell through floors.
    2. We could WALK OUT from 1 boss arena back to the campfire.
    3. We could WALK PASS 1 boss without fighting using the door on left.
    4. Portobello Wand still works.
    5. Still no campfire to change load outs
    6. 1 boss power Snap did 1 mil and 750k actual damage .If it is intended then we must find the 2 mil HP tank.
    7. We could not pass the 2 Boss so i can not report anything further.
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    OK some observations regarding the bosses:

1st Boss
    • The exit is not blocked, so you can walk pass it.
    • The rng in the barrel kills can be bad in some cases, when we clear it, just 1barrel turned targetable meaning that arena becomes extremely full of barrels
    • Unsure about this one: The tank buster appears to be HP based, however if the tank has a hp buff that dissapear during the animation he will get hit for more than 100% of this hp.
    • The fight becomes unmanageable after 4 barrels exploded, the healer will run out of divinity, the max number of stacks is 2, otherwise you have to wipe.

2nd Boss
    • There is a hole in the right side of the arena where you can fell(behind some rocks), looking from the campfire
    • You can glitch boss outside of the arena, we manage to bring all the way to the campfire
    • If the boss glitches outside of the arena, reseting it make it trapped outside of the arena.
    • Venon Ray is a skill that cast first a feint red line then the damage later, so you can dodge. However when Yochols appear (dps check), the boss go to the inside the arena and becomes untargetable. However he still can cast Venon Ray, however it doesnt have indication and will cause randomilly one shots in the dps.
    • The big red circle have wrong area indication, appearing smaller than what they are actually are. If you stay in the edge (due the other person getting stunned and cant move to the edge) you will get hit by a way higher damage. Even at 0 mechanic stacks was hitting dps for 700k+

This fight is disproportionately bad for full melee dps party, the frequency of webs in the ground make it impossible to have any dps uptime on the boss. As soon we changed 1 dps to range we manage to clear it without problems.

3rd Boss

This fight is pretty straight foward, take the beams and kill cocoon, however it can have some improvements:
    • The cocoonare so damm hard to see, due being white in a white ground in the center of the arena. Make it cocoonstart with 99.99% hp, so at least we can a hp on it, so we can see it. Or at least a different color
    • The boss hitbox is bigger than is suppose to be, which causes it to overlap with the cocoonhitbox, and for some reason have precedence over it, meaning if i am focusing on the cocoon, and boss moves a slight, my skills will hit the boss instead, causing a wipe. Which is the same problem that happens in CoK, where the dragon has a huge hitbox.

Despite taking us 5hrs to clear, was a fun experience to figure out the mechanics. If i remember anything else or find more stuff i will do another post.

PS. Btw some of the rings a bugged and dont give stats
  • nayirunayiru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    There is a space we can go to skip the boss on preview. You can see it with the following screenshoot

Eila from the fashion crew ;)
    Post edited by nayiru on
    I don't know if it is intentionnal : on second boss, there is a gap in witch we can fall behind eggs
  • nemiroffntnemiroffnt Member Posts: 2 Arc User

The spider temple (master) dungeon is still not available on Lurker, it is not even in the list, both in an open and private queue
  • alexander#4143 alexander Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I would like to report some problems that my guild and I have encountered:

leaving out the door of the 1 boss which is open, and allows you to exit without killing him, you have to review the life of the barrels, or slightly increase the duration in which it is possible to hit them, because if more than two barrels explode, the damage over time begins to kill everything.

In the second Boss, some red areas are different from the damage described, when the boss shouts he kills all the dps even if they are at full life, and the "tentacles" that the boss loads, they charge too much, too fast, and after several attempts we are not ever managed not to load all 10 stacks of poison.

I hope the text is understandable, I am translating from Italian to English.
    thank you.
  • archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    1. Untargetable Bomb barrels at 1 boss. The timer appears, but no hp bar. Those stacks mean wipe. Worse then that, the bug is instance dependent. Some instance have it, some do not.

2. One time the 2 Boss followed us at campfire after wipe.
    We kill it outside the Boss Room.
    In the untargetable phase when it goes back in the arena it can be aggroed using frozen arti at the right side of the door.

3. The 3 boss beams are designed for the default field of view. At 100 field of view a GPS is need it to pin point the interception location.

4. No title after completion. The achievement was recorded , but no title to show off .

Thank you for your work redesigning the dungeon.

• serafunserafun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Thank a lot for your hard work, my thoughts about this dungeon are the following (my grouped stop before finishing the 2nd boss)

- Very well balanced as a whole, even if the pathing isn't new, it feels new to play through (perhaps because we spent so much time on bosses).
    - Trash mobs are either you getting one-shot, or you don't get hit. They don't have a lot of hp so it feels like we cut through them like butter without having to worry about our positionning (more red zones like in The Infernal Citadel could make the fight feel better tho). Perhaps lowering their damage and adding some AoE attacks would be better (where are the damned phase spiders).
    - Some platform issues, the edges aren't clearly defined so dashing could lead to death or wall clipping (like with marauder's escape - HR)

1st boss :
    - Baril RNG can be very punitive or helpful, doesn't seem like it's tied to a mechanic (sometimes, 2 barils went off at the same time, sometimes none). We had to be on the lookout constantly to avoid gas. I love the mechanics as you are forced to do them and can't overlook them for the sake of doing more damage.
    - Baril can be untargettable for some reason (p
    - Shocking execution is indeed shocking, especially considering the damage & it's not a "heavy hit", but a fast one. Tanks can get oneshot if they don't see the small attack' trigger. (1.7M damage on a tank feels like a challenge for them.) - dps and heals have no hope of randomly surviving, which is nice.
    - Traps are sometimes not activating even if we walk on.
    - Feels rewarding to be played. Every mechanic is easily understood and feels right and fair (no red zone bs). As a players, we trully had the impression of going further and further every time we tried.

2nd boss :
    - OPs be damned, they can't heal the ghosts fast enough as they can't target npcs except with their at-will (daily too perhaps?). So it depletes their divinity at a very fast rate, leaving them divinity-less for the players.
    - Yochlols have the right amount of hp (around 1.2M)
    - I might have missed some mechanics, but it felt like we sometimes were randomly one-shotted (no red zone, 0 ritual strength, nothing linked to me & 1 848 355 damage taken in one hit)
    - Boss perhaps have too many hps ?

And : Chests at the end locked due to a stay-in-combat bug.

Tl;dr : At a right spot for release. Hard enough, but not too hard. Really needs everyone to be optimised. With some bug fix, it's gonna be challenging (as long as the rewards are worth it and not too much luck based) therefore ran.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    In third boss just reduce Cocoon Hp by max 10%
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
    edited October 2022
    Hello,
    Here is the feedback from our team.
    First of all, thank you for the work on this dungeon, we had a good weekend of discovery. The fashion team completed this dungeon. =)

Boss 1:
    The only point to note about this boss is about Shocking execution
    This hit does enormous damage and it is very difficult for the tank to anticipate it because it is executed very quickly. The death of the tank is therefore very punitive since it causes a chain reaction due to the loss of aggro (dps death)

Boss 2:
    Ghost are quite easy to heal for a dc if the team pays attention to its placements. But other healing class will struggle with that mechanics
    Too many mechanics can occur at the same time, causing an almost inevitable death for the player targeted by these mechanics (ex: spread + control + shrill cry + little red area)

Yochlols are maybe adjusted for players well advanced in the endgame. However, I will still lower their HP amount. We did several runs:
    - One with only endgame players where we passed without too much difficulty (That don't mean it was easy)
    - One with a slightly weaker player where it was more complicated to finish this boss

There are incomprehensible deaths: dps/healers are oneshot during the Yochlols phase randomly without any way of anticipating or understanding even by rewatching and analyzing the videos we made

Bug: it is possible to fall into the void (definitive death) by pass through one of the walls of the area (to the right of the eggs)

Bug using: dash in the wall on the very right side during spreads can cancel spread's damages.

Boss 3:
    The mechanics are simpler than other boss but the cocoons have too many hit points.
    The boss often teleports too close to the cocons, which causes the death of the transformed player because he cannot be targeted (boss's hitbox too large compare to the cocon's). The boss does not move fast enough when the tank tries to move him away from the cocoons

Cobwebs that block the player (often combined with a red damage zone that causes inevitable death) are not predictable enough and too punitive when the combat zone is "reduced"

hallowed ground prevents players from seeing correctly the areas of damage on the ground while this daily would be very appropriate to use

Conclusion :
    This is a very promising dungeon. I do not know what type of players is targeted by the content but it is very greedy in consumables. On our side, we are waiting to see the final version but if the farm of this dungeon is too greedy in consumables, we do not plan to go there very often.

My apologies for my bad english
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you all for taking the time to test while the dungeon was available and leaving your feedback here. I plan to open up the dungeon for one more short session in the near future. Details to be provided when we have exact times.

Here's the changes you can expect when the dungeon returns:

General
    • Reduced the amount of FX that can affect the bosses
    • Updated Queue Description
    • Updated priority of various important power FX to ensure they always draw
    Halbryn Darkstalker
    • Fixed an issue where traps were getting triggered from companions and other unintended targets
    • Fixed an issue where traps were not always triggering when a player got in proximity
    • Reduced the damage of Whirlwind of Blades
    • Improved intro cut-scene
    • The exit door will no longer open up before defeating Halbryn
    • Hooked up new artwork for Choking Gas meter
    Da'Zora Mizzrym
    • Significantly decreased the damage to the player directly targeted by Fury of Lolth
    • Significantly increased the damage to players not directly targeted by Fury of Lolth
    • Made it a little easier to reposition Da'Zora
    • Da'Zora will use Venom Burst slightly less often
    • Lolth's Grasp will now favor targets at range
    • Da'Zora will now use a single target version of Fury of Lolth during the second Yochlol phase
    • Fixed an issue where the right side of the arena would cause powers to fail and the fight to potentially reset
    • Fury of Lolth won't be used until after the first Yochlol phase now
    • The Fury of Lolth variant with a hold will now only be used after the final Yochlol phase
    • Added an improved animation for Lolth's Grasp
    • Willpower Prisons no longer have a death animation
    • Reduced damage on Discharged Energy and ramp up rate
    • Improved visual on Syndryth's transformation
    • Correctly tagged Yochlols as "Demon"
    • Fixed an issue where the Yochlol Draining Beam power could hit players outside of the arena
    • Divine Touch, Soul Storm, Revitalize, and Bastion of Health will no longer heal Syndryth's Willpower
    • Reduced HP of Syndryth's Willpower by 50%
    • Fixed an issue where Syndryth would rotate
    • Fixed an issue where Ritual Strength would continue to display after the fight was completed
    • Covered a hole in the wall/ground that players could fall through
    • Covered up a route that players could take to get into the arena without corraling
    • Fury of Lolth damage zone indicator will no longer draw on the walls
    • Fixed an issue where Da'Zora could escape her arena
    • Hooked up new art for Ritual Strength meter
    Syndryth
    • Removed an invisible entity in the arena that was attackable
    • Fixed an issue where Worthy Sacrifice could continue to do damage to a player in a cocoon and even defeat them
    • Fixed an issue where players would remain in combat after completing the fight
    • Syndryth will no longer move while casting Pain Web
    • Fixed an issue where Dark Pillar could hit players outside of the arena
    • Syndryth will no longer aggro players immediately when they enter the arena
    • Fixed an issue where Syndryth could escape her arena
    Achievements
    • Power Nap will now require you to destroy cocoons within 5 seconds instead of 7
    • Fixed an issue where Forgot the Incense was being awarded without meeting the criteria
    • Fixed an issue where Iron Willed was not achievable
    • Reduced the time requirement on Iron Willed down to 9 seconds, from 15
    • Corrected minor text errors

In regards to various feedback about certain aspects of fights feeling like they may be overtuned, I am considering all of these feedback points and weighing them against the results of various groups. Be aware that the intent of the dungeon is to be very difficult and some challenges may require groups to explore new strategies and character improvement to overcome.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    stof#3099 said:

OK some observations regarding the bosses:

1st Boss

• The exit is not blocked, so you can walk pass it.
    • The rng in the barrel kills can be bad in some cases, when we clear it, just 1barrel turned targetable meaning that arena becomes extremely full of barrels
    • Unsure about this one: The tank buster appears to be HP based, however if the tank has a hp buff that dissapear during the animation he will get hit for more than 100% of this hp.
    • The fight becomes unmanageable after 4 barrels exploded, the healer will run out of divinity, the max number of stacks is 2, otherwise you have to wipe.

2nd Boss
    • There is a hole in the right side of the arena where you can fell(behind some rocks), looking from the campfire
    • You can glitch boss outside of the arena, we manage to bring all the way to the campfire
    • If the boss glitches outside of the arena, reseting it make it trapped outside of the arena.
    • Venon Ray is a skill that cast first a feint red line then the damage later, so you can dodge. However when Yochols appear (dps check), the boss go to the inside the arena and becomes untargetable. However he still can cast Venon Ray, however it doesnt have indication and will cause randomilly one shots in the dps.
    • The big red circle have wrong area indication, appearing smaller than what they are actually are. If you stay in the edge (due the other person getting stunned and cant move to the edge) you will get hit by a way higher damage. Even at 0 mechanic stacks was hitting dps for 700k+

This fight is disproportionately bad for full melee dps party, the frequency of webs in the ground make it impossible to have any dps uptime on the boss. As soon we changed 1 dps to range we manage to clear it without problems.

3rd Boss

This fight is pretty straight foward, take the beams and kill cocoon, however it can have some improvements:
    • The cocoonare so damm hard to see, due being white in a white ground in the center of the arena. Make it cocoonstart with 99.99% hp, so at least we can a hp on it, so we can see it. Or at least a different color
    • The boss hitbox is bigger than is suppose to be, which causes it to overlap with the cocoonhitbox, and for some reason have precedence over it, meaning if i am focusing on the cocoon, and boss moves a slight, my skills will hit the boss instead, causing a wipe. Which is the same problem that happens in CoK, where the dragon has a huge hitbox.

Despite taking us 5hrs to clear, was a fun experience to figure out the mechanics. If i remember anything else or find more stuff i will do another post.

PS. Btw some of the rings a bugged and dont give stats
    This is standard actually for Dungeon creators by Cryptic- Mele gameplay is 200% harder than range one, to be honest when i switch From my fighter to CW every dung is far more enjoyable and easier in gameplay.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I am not fond of the mechanics "bring the red circle over there", so those dungeons are not for me, however... now you are supposed to kill cocoons and heal figures floating in the air? Why the sudden switch in already established mechanics?
    edited October 2022
    rikitaki said:

I am not fond of the mechanics "bring the red circle over there", so those dungeons are not for me, however... now you are supposed to kill cocoons and heal figures floating in the air? Why the sudden switch in already established mechanics?

Why not have new mechanics? And why only just now bring it up? Master content has always had new mechanics to learn. It's part of what makes it master content and separates it from random queues. As far as moving red circles away from the group...what's so bad about it? As long as it's not during a dps check, I see it as keeping dps on their toes and not just rooted, focused entirely on their rotations.

PS: Please tell me you aren't one of those people in SVA who doesn't move the red circles out and stuns the entire 10 man raid.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

rikitaki said:

Why not have new mechanics? And why only just now bring it up? Master content has always had new mechanics to learn. It's part of what makes it master content and separates it from random queues. As far as moving red circles away from the group...what's so bad about it? As long as it's not during a dps check, I see it as keeping dps on their toes and not just rooted, focused entirely on their rotations.

PS: Please tell me you aren't one of those people in SVA who doesn't move the red circles out and stuns the entire 10 man raid.
    It is not a new mechanics, it is just swapped what you should do with it. As for the rest - trying to pick a fight with me - I am not interested.
    rikitaki said:

arazith07 said:

rikitaki said:

It is not a new mechanics, it is just swapped what you should do with it. As for the rest - trying to pick a fight with me - I am not interested.
    I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I just disagree that we should be limited to the same mechanics that we have been facing. As far as changing what you do with mechanics, the Archuria cocoons are different in that they do not have a red HP bar. It's more akin to being stuck in ice in other dungeons but with a different thematic.

The PS was not directed at you, more just a thing that annoys me when I do play in random trials.
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    The Master version of the Dungeon will be made available again from Tuesday (10/18) 12:00pm PDT to Thursday (10/20) 12:00pm PDT.

This is the last test we plan to do before the launch of Northdark Reaches.
  • ojdajuiceman2ojdajuiceman2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    The spider ghosts/aspects in the final boss are still damageable and even killable- TC during an arti call managed to kill the healing one, it stopped a single blue line and even made it play a death animation, rolling over with its legs up in the air. Seemed to have about 1 mil hp. It did not prevent any worthy sacrifice triggers after that single one. Still possible to get final boss out of the arena and make her aggro immediately on loading in (involves getting her to teleport when you are close to the wall.)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i will be honest vault of the stars is a lot better than this one. The only thing i like about this one is the first boss and the heal checks on 2nd boss.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    It's would be great to consistently get cabochon gems. First alt got 0 first run, 2 next run, 0 third run, 1 4th run. Next lat 1 first run 1 second run, 0 third, 0 4th, 0 5th....getting frustrating.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I know it's off preview now but nitocris hasn't replied to a bug report in weeks. @lassor#2420 the last boss transports on top of the cocoon and with her hit box it's impossible for the dps to break it. It happens over and over and over and completing this dungeon relies on luck, not skill. Can you please tone down her transporting, or limit it to times when there is no cocoon. Over 60+ hours in there with only one win. I'm not some bare minimum item level who doesn't know how to use discord and communicate with a team. I'm 80k to 82k with experience working with my guild-mates who are equal or higher in item level. We've practiced this dungeon a whole bunch, now it would be nice if the boss could kindly HAMSTER off the cocoon so we could get a win.