test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Workshop artisan cap weirdness

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
I don't know if it is a bug but it looks like a bug.

I have a character that has '(30 max)'

And other characters have '(29 max)'

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Could it be that some have the summer artisan?
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

Could it be that some have the summer artisan?

All of my workshop capable character had summer artisan.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Does that character have the questline artisan Karmela? She increases your cap by 1.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Does that character have the questline artisan Karmela? She increases your cap by 1.

How should I check?

What I have checked are:
    1. I don't have Karmela as my artisan. I would not get rid of her if I did.
    2. I check the journal. I don't see a Karmela related quest line under "General", "Caer-Konig" and "Protector's Enclave". I also don't have "Workshop" as the main category.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

You unlock her by following the semi-hidden quest starting with Tess at the bank IIRC. It's been a long time since I did it. When you recruit her, you assign what profession she is - I picked Alchemy. The Dismiss button is permanently greyed out -she increases your cap by one but can't be fired.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

You unlock her by following the semi-hidden quest starting with Tess at the bank IIRC. It's been a long time since I did it. When you recruit her, you assign what profession she is - I picked Alchemy. The Dismiss button is permanently greyed out -she increases your cap by one but can't be fired.

You are right. The one who has max 30 has her. I was looking for Karmela as the last name. :(

So, case closed. It is not a bug.