test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AI quest Reptilian Extraction now impossible to complete

theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
After lowering the HP of Captain Redfox in the AI quest "Reptilian Extraction" in the recent patch, the quest no longer progresses after killing her, making the entire quest impossible to finish and thereby making the entire AI adventure impossible to finish.

Image here shows me standing over the body of Captain Redfox with quest still saying "Defeat Captain Redfox".

Kevfire
Guild Leader
Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Once Capt. Redfox is defeated, you cannot collect the boxes on the ship to complete and the hud remains as "Defeat Capt. Redfox".
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    At least I'm not the only one then. I was hoping to blast through this to get the boons finally on one of my toons but I guess not.
  • tander#8158 tander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same here, cant complete the quest!
  • lordmelchett#1830 lordmelchett Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Yep, same happened to me.

Here's a video that shows the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3GNsR9W79g
  • b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Reptilian extraction is bugged. Killing Captain Redfox doesn't register the kill. Can't complete the quest. Only solution is to reset the quest.
  • surefirewatty#3313 surefirewatty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi, I have tried numerous times to complete this quest recently. All is fine till you get to the end bit, When you do kill Captain Redfox, Jaza's key is not available to complete the quest. It is very frustrating. Please can you look into this Asap.
    Many Thanks
    Surefire.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

This issue has been escalated, and our hamster interns will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the details and your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

This issue has been escalated, and our hamster interns will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the details and your patience!

Regards,

Quote of the year. "hamster interns". 😱
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Acquisitions Incorporated also hire space hamsters for secret operations 🤫

This issue should be fixed on Thursday, for all platforms.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Hi @nitocris83 , I have completed this mission 2 times but after killing the captain, the mission crashes. It is not completed.
  • unforgiven#5690 unforgiven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    have same problem this game is very bad
  • darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Level 20 Devoted Cleric.
    Acquisitions Incorporated mission Reptilian Extraction
    Have accepted mission followed to the Airship, freed each of the 4 caged reptiles. Activate the Escape! to the Airship as its lifting off. The Airship to Airship encounter. Fired back 3 bolts activating the Cutscene to board the Pirate vessel. Fight off the waves of enemies and Captain Redfox. Captain is laying on the floor but the game continues to tell me to defeat the now dead captain redfox....

I have logged out then back in with no difference. I have also abandoned the mission and started again. Neither have solved the issue. Unable to carry forward to complete Acquisitions Incorporated without completing this mission.

• elric#1162 elric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So ran the quest 5 times already same result can not complete the quest. we should at least get credit for it and not have to run it again
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    yea its bugged for everyone
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This should be resolved as of Thursday, August 18.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes, I tested it and it is now fixed.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
This discussion has been closed.