test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the future of Boons

Hello. Last Q&A stream devs talked about the future of boons. I don't find it interesting that all class roles use the same built for boons, there's no fun. So if you plan to do a rework, I suggest to change all boons and make them class specific. For example, Clerics can spend points on a special boons that increases their healing efficiency or reduce cooldown. Another example, paladins can use points to increase the threat on Wrath or reduce the divinity consumption. I think this will give a unique play style for each class and roll, as well for all players.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    The game was changed from more variety to less variety intentionally.

e.g.
    how many feats we had before and how many we have now?
    How about paragons we had before and how many we have now?
    We used to be able to roll ability score and we can't anymore.

They did that intentionally. They want to 'simplify' everything. They made cookie cuter. They took a big effort to change that and even they knew that would upset many players at that time. They did that anyway. I am not sure if they want to go back.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Still they could in theory add several more Boons:

♦ Could double the # of 1% (Boons) from 5, out to 10 (2nd Tier) for max 2% for several Offense & Defensive.
    ╘ Crit, Crit Severity, Accuracy, Combat Advantage (+20) by adding 2nd Tier.
    ╘ Defense, Crit Avoidance, Awareness, Deflect (+20) by adding 2nd Tier.
    ♦ Deflect Severity has 1 Tier, and that could easily expand to 4 Tiers, similar to Power & Hitpoints for (+15) total.
    ♦ Could (also as suggested by another) in different thread, add Dragon Damage & Resistence 1% (each) out to 5%.
    ╘ similar to Dinosaur's (perhaps beside it) adjacent (+5) boons
    ♦ There is no Control (0.2% each or 1% max) Bonus that could also have 2-4 new Tiers (+20) total.
    ╘ there is a single Control Resistance (1 Tier) and that could expand to 2-4 Tiers too, or (+15) total.
    ♦ They could double up Gold Bonus, as well as Movement offering a 2nd Tier of each (+10).
    ♦ Could introduce at least (0.2% each or 1%) max for Stamina as well (+5) total.

That be easily at least +110 additional boons, and they might even think up some new ones to add.

Most boons except Power, or Hitpoints only give 1% at best, they also could add 3 more Tiers for Deflect Severity so it's similar to Power &/or Hitpoints; and that only increase it by 3% more...
    Post edited by strathkin on