test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Draconic Rage in "Past Events"!?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
edited August 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
Disclaimer: I am not doing Draconic Rage. This is just my curiosity.

Why does "Draconic Rage" is now in "Past Events"? It will be finished in Aug 31 but we still have about a month to go.
In the meanwhile, "On the Wings of Dragons" which will be ended in Aug 22 is not. No, I am not saying it should be in "Past Events" too.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Because it ended on Aug 1st. Were three episodes lasting for a month each.
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Because there does not seem to be a consistent approach to designing, organizing, and implementing episodic-based (and time-limited) content. These seem to be just long-lived events IMO. I have to question why they continue to be listed - adds confusion for newer players and serves no purpose for the older ones.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Maybe it was a typo and it should say July 31st? Just a thought.
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    If you didn't buy the battlepass the event is over now. Only with the battlepass you can still earn progress for another month
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

There's a last chance event that says only Premium Pass holders can still complete the campaign until Aug 31st. Not sure it was communicated correctly all the time, but for me it was pretty obvious that you would need to finish off all three episodes within a single month.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    It's not a typo the original event or last one ended July 31st, the only people who get 1 extra month are those who unlocked the Premium Reward's.

I suspect those that need more time, it's a last chance to unlock premium reward's, and earn 30 more days to finish it aside from earning some extra rewards. Still I'd confirm that with Customer Service, as you may have already had to buy the Premium Unlock already, unless it's still for sale?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Well, something is really wrong here, why is there even an expiration date on these kind of events, especially when you pay real money for more or less removing the time limitation? Isn't the whole point of paying money here, so that we get to complete the campaigns when we have the time for them?

The same goes for Redeemed Citadel, i bought the Reforger's Blessing a very long time ago, and now i can't even progress in that campaign with some of my characters any longer?! What the Nine Hells?

On one of my characters the Personal Progress is stuck on 809, while i collected 974 Zariel's Favor - either fix it, so that we can earn progress again, or unlock all rewards for all characters!
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    regenerde said:

The same goes for Redeemed Citadel, i bought the Reforger's Blessing a very long time ago, and now i can't even progress in that campaign with some of my characters any longer?! What the Nine Hells?

On one of my characters the Personal Progress is stuck on 809, while i collected 974 Zariel's Favor - either fix it, so that we can earn progress again, or unlock all rewards for all characters!

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13207609

They baited and switched.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Does "Last Chance" actually work for Battle Pass holder? Someone on PS4 said it does not.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265725/draconic-rage-no-last-chance-for-battle-pass-payers
  • Options
    edited August 2022

regenerde said:

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

Well, in game it still says:
    "This milestone has passed. You may still make personal progress, since you have the Reforger's Blessing for this milestone."
    i mean, what's the point of buying a Battle Pass (or the Reforger's Blessing), when there's still a time limit in the end?

Does "Last Chance" actually work for Battle Pass holder? Someone on PS4 said it does not.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265725/draconic-rage-no-last-chance-for-battle-pass-payers

Well, i can earn progress for the campaign, have to wait and see if i'll be able to collect the rewards...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I guess I need to pay more attention, cuz while the first two campaigns obviously ended at the end of the month (and the first one caught me by surprise :wink: ), I kept looking at the August 31 deadline.

I have to say, though, that with the rewards, I don't really care that I completed all three phases 100%. I also didn't like the fact that in the middle of this 'release', they changed the Trials and made them unattainable for most pugs. I guess that isn't too bad since the lower tier dungeons and skirmishes still counted just as much, but I thought I would just whine a bit about the stupidity of placing such a high value on a very broken system.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

"This milestone has passed. You may still make personal progress, since you have the Reforger's Blessing for this milestone."
    i mean, what's the point of buying a Battle Pass (or the Reforger's Blessing), when there's still a time limit in the end?
    If you read that thread, you would notice I have various posts that stated the same. I even put a screen shot with a red rectangle to high light that statement you wrote above. Even for doing "bait and switch", they did that badly. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    edited August 2022

regenerde said:

regenerde said:

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

If you read that thread, you would notice I have various posts that stated the same. I even put a screen shot with a red rectangle to high light that statement you wrote above. Even for doing "bait and switch", they did that badly. 🤦‍♂️
    Well, posted a question about this on the Tweet for the next Q&A, might have been too late for getting an answer, but it was worth a try...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

regenerde said:

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

That is a very spurious interpretation of what was said. It worked for well over a year past the 'next module' and even got fixed by the devs when it quit working before. While it's true they may not fix it and might justify that some way, unless we get an actual answer (and Percemer told me that he thought it was supposed to still be working on Discord) it's just up in the air.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    pitshade said:

regenerde said:

It won't be fixed.
    You missed this thread.

That is a very spurious interpretation of what was said. It worked for well over a year past the 'next module' and even got fixed by the devs when it quit working before. While it's true they may not fix it and might justify that some way, unless we get an actual answer (and Percemer told me that he thought it was supposed to still be working on Discord) it's just up in the air.
    I hope you are right. No, using that as an excuse/reason for not fixing it does not justify it in my book. If they want to remove it for real professionally, they should have an obvious well announced notification to give people enough time to prepare such as finishing up the characters that started but not complete. Something like one year "well announced" heads up warning is good enough for me (not necessary for other people though).
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Opps, I too was only looking at the aug 31st date. Oh well