test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold wings free to claim now?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 599 Arc User
On the claim valuables home page, I went and sure enough saw the gold wings I just killed 20 dragons for to get. It seems like everytime I buy a companion or mount next thing is they are free. Do you think that developers could not only wait to the end of the event but maybe even a month afterwards? I am sure I am not the only one who felt it cheapened their reward or purchase considerably.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

On the claim valuables home page, I went and sure enough saw the gold wings I just killed 20 dragons for to get. It seems like everytime I buy a companion or mount next thing is they are free. Do you think that developers could not only wait to the end of the event but maybe even a month afterwards? I am sure I am not the only one who felt it cheapened their reward or purchase considerably.

Are you confused? It's free to claim in your valuables because its an account wide reward for completing the campaign in time, I mean why would you want to wait a month to reclaim it on another character?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    jana#2651 said:

You killed 20 dragons to get an account wide reward. That is you have it 'free' for every character once you got it.
    How does your other character get the Gold Wings? Answer: from the claim agent.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

This happens whenever you get an account wide mount, companion, enchantment, etc. You would think after making similar complaints, that you would recognize it for what it is, the reward that you just earned.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265083/neverwinters-incredible-timing-with-things-being-free-i-just-purchased-and-your-stat-plays
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    I can understand the confusion, but the answer is that it's free for you, because you unlocked it.
    Slightly more confusing is that the same thing happens if you buy a companion from the zen shop.
    The next time you look there it says free (as though they are giving them away}, but it's free for you because you bought one before and you don't have to pay again.