test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ancient Dragon Hunts - dmg dealt varies?

lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited June 2022 in PvE Discussion
I've played a fair number of these hunts (mainly as healer and tank) and given the SAME dragon type, same mods, party of roughly same IL, the dmg the dragon deals seem to vary widely depending on the group (some kind of scaling thing?)... is this true?

For example, the aoe knockback. In the same group, we can do 10 runs and whole party barely takes any damage. In a different group, we would (including myself), take massive damage from it (50-65% health loss). Same with the bite and toss. In some groups, tank (myself or another party member) takes very little damage. Other times, it is over 50% health loss.

DPS is good in both these groups. We take down the dragon quick (the group taking little dmg of course is quicker because people aren't dying). I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy. Remember, this is same dragon type and mods and over a number of fights, so not about unlucky crits.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    A few players have noticed that each dragon name appears to have a favored attack within the dragon type's skill set. For example Red Dragon Ara may favor his wing buffet attack and use it more often than Red Dragon Zith who prefers to use the AOE fire spell.