test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updated Tomm

I think it would be helpful if Cryptic/Neverwinter released a guide (possibly alongside a video) with how it is recommended to complete the game's end game trial content.

Specifically for Tomm it appears to me that the numbers were cranked up while the multipliers were left the same. This makes sense as power creep and rising item levels have allowed players to have more than enough health and damage to enable easier and more consistent Tomm runs. However, with the multiplying effect stacking on top of Halaster's newly increased damage Halaster quickly goes from 500k dmg to 1.8 million dmg to 3-4 million dmg with his orb against tanks. With his at-will attacks doing about 400k a piece it makes it very difficult for tanks to have enough stamina and health to survive halaster even if they are built using pure tank stats which brings me in to my next point.

Modern DPS have insane damage compared to old DPS through power creep, increased item level, band of air, and new % dmg buffs. To combat this tanks need to build more threat generation on themselves to compete with DPS for aggro while still attempting to maintain their survivability. Now with the new update Tanks are required to go full tank to face Halaster which makes it quite impossible for them to hold aggro even with frequent tank swapping. I understand that this update to Tomm was needed to curb solo tanking, and fast paced reliable clears that skipped mechanics. However, I feel it is almost required for the play testers or developers to prove to the players that it is still feasible content. I ran some Tomm today with a group full of Crown of Keldegonn (mastered) complete players with all BiS gear and we could not make it to fireballs.

Things I think could do with some tweaking
-Halaster appears to at-will while casting his orb. (This means the tank either has no stamina for the orb itself, or the tank is required to have 1.3 million hp to survive the at-wills and is needed to be healed to full before he casts his orb. With the insanely high item level players have today it is almost impossible to have remotely viable stats while having above 1.3 million hp,)

-The annihilation stacks appear to multiply damage at the same rate they used to while the base numbers have radically increased. Even with tank swapping most reasonable end game tanks can no longer tank more than 2 stacks without either deflecting or Halaster not criting. It's a 50%50 chance every orb after the first if the tank just dies for trying to do the mechanics properly. Which would be less of an issue if the annihilation stacks dropped off of the tanks quicker.

For context I consider myself to be a well versed player as I have completed every advanced dungeon and every mastered trial several times across all roles. I would like to see how players are expected to complete this content as it stands. It would be absolutely demoralizing to learn that the only way to complete this updated Tomm is by destroying all diversity, copying some Neverwinter Youtuber and then buying his niche BiS items that he's prematurely bought off the market and raised the price on.