test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild leveling

agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Guilds need adventure shards and treasures to grow.
It's relative easy to get heroic shards but with changes we have less quests that give out adventurer shards.

I suggest move the legacy quest giver to our Stronghold add some adventurer shards and some of each of the four treasures to all the quests.
Tagged:

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Main way to get more shards is simply get more players who do quests for them.
    The stronghold upgrade/lv up progess is guild level task.

The other options are simple get your guild in allaince as gountlet position to have higher discount for structure upgrades.
    Also other alliance members have option to unload own stockpiled shards and etc.
    There are still players who are interest in MW Proffesions, either crafting or play market.
    So these players would be happy to donate to your guils chest. :)

Not so long ended Neverwitner siege event, where you could gain Vouchers.. It was good chance to stockpile them.. :)

In any case, more players are acive in SH stuffs, faster your progress will be.

As for changes toward SH, devs mentioned that there is plans in future. When it will be the day, no one knows.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Gauntlet spots give worst build bonus, they give XP, which is no longer in the game. Been an issue for several mods now.

There are NO vouchers for shards that drop from events, they are all quest rewards and it’s OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. 5000 shards for one structure is ridonk at this point when you have to level up 9. The “all you have to do or Just get players” is dismissing the current state of play.
    You can trade AD for Zen and wait for sales in market to get discounted Shards and WAIT for double shards day.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    @silente07#2597
    Gauntlet spots give worst build bonus, they give XP, which is no longer in the game.

Untitled

Exp gain is just part of benefits of being in alliance. Discounts for structure upgrade still remain in game..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
    > @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > @silente07#2597

Sword spots give 50/50
    Helm gives the best.
    Gauntlet gives the worst and unfortunately people fight over slots, ego is an issue and rarely do you find Alliances that rotate. Also you need highest level guilds to get the numbers you show.

Shards are hardest to get and running contests with prizes is also a way to incentivize players to donate.

As it stands now, leveling a guild is tedious, expensive and needs a rework badly. But we know it’s not going to happen for a year or more.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Some guilds have entirely too many people in leadership positions, making tearing an alliance down and rebuilding it cumbersome, since all those leaders need to have a say in the vote.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    You can in one day earn 30 dungeon shards 20 heroic shards and 10 adventurer shards.
    Yet levelling a guild need equal amount of them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    And the first t3 HE in the stronghold pays out shards on top of other rewards.

Leveling anything in the stronghold does not require all the shards all the time or the same amount of them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    > @greywynd said:
    > And the first t3 HE in the stronghold pays out shards on top of other rewards.
    >
    > Leveling anything in the stronghold does not require all the shards all the time or the same amount of them.

True, but you quickly reach a pinch point where you need thousands of them. As well as the Hundreds of thousands of trinkets and favors and gifts needed. For one structure and you have to start leveling 7+

It’s YEARS to level a guild. Not like the old days.
    I have a level 15 I raised from 1 still chugging along since 2017.
    It’s been at helm, a sword, in active and dead Alliances.

Currently it’s stalled. People want to be in 20’s, and even when we have it full, run contests and all sorts of promotions, it’s really only the same few that donate.

We banked all the other guilds because the resources are so demanding and it’s a game not a job, which it was becoming.

It’s an outdated and broken system still giving XP and broken boons, that’s going to need a huge rework which the Devs don’t have the resources themselves for.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I expect that when Cryptic gets around to 'Improving' Strongholds, we will not like what we get.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    kharkov58 said:

I expect that when Cryptic gets around to 'Improving' Strongholds, we will not like what we get.

+1. I expect many will leave (again) for whatever "improvement" they will do.
    They either leave the game or leave their guild to join another active level 20 guild. The sub level 20 guild will lose active members. The not so active level 20 guild will also lose remaining active members.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I somehow suspect that for them to get around to upgrading the Strongholds they will have to be completely removed and restructured, due to the "spaghetti code" that the devs say it is. So, yes, most won't be happy if all the progress we have done until now is removed, now if they can keep current levels and still upgrade it could be a good thing.
    You’ll be able to turn your old guild in for bricks and use the bricks to build a level 2 guild in the “new” system that’s equal to what your old guild would have been. Then you can buy mortar to raise it up to the new level 20.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2022

I somehow suspect that for them to get around to upgrading the Strongholds they will have to be completely removed and restructured, due to the "spaghetti code" that the devs say it is. So, yes, most won't be happy if all the progress we have done until now is removed, now if they can keep current levels and still upgrade it could be a good thing.

The Foundry was allegedly spaghetti code as well. Why is Cryptic constantly dealing with undocumented, impossible-to-understand code? Just who are they hiring? Or is it a problem with management or leads not giving software teams ample time to document properly? Maybe it's because I spent most of my software career in defense where standards are different, but sheesh.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured