test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragonsight Treasures and Vale Alloy Droprate (All Platforms)

polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
So first off what is the Dragon Bone Vale Alloy drop rate from these? Because they hardly drop for me and ratio of need versus receiving I get the Dragonsight Weapon Box way more often. I now have 12 of the Weapon Boxes which is enough to equip each of my 10 toons and with two left over. What am I supposed to do with those? Also once you finish getting max reputation with all the Factions what are you supposed to do with the extra Dragon Gems since their sole purpose it seems is to get Faction Rep. If you can't increase the drop rate for the Vale Alloy (since I know that's a more difficult piece of programming), can we at least be able to trade in the gems and Weapon boxes at the Harper trader for Vale Alloy ? You need at least 130 to upgrade everything I believe and getting the Vale Alloy through the Dragon Sight treasures seem to be taking much longer than I would expect. Also maybe could the Dragonsight Weapon Caches not be account bound so we can sell them on the AH?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited June 2022

So first off what is the Dragon Bone Vale Alloy drop rate from these? Because they hardly drop for me and ratio of need versus receiving I get the Dragonsight Weapon Box way more often. I now have 12 of the Weapon Boxes which is enough to equip each of my 10 toons and with two left over. What am I supposed to do with those? Also once you finish getting max reputation with all the Factions what are you supposed to do with the extra Dragon Gems since their sole purpose it seems is to get Faction Rep. If you can't increase the drop rate for the Vale Alloy (since I know that's a more difficult piece of programming), can we at least be able to trade in the gems and Weapon boxes at the Harper trader for Vale Alloy ? You need at least 130 to upgrade everything I believe and getting the Vale Alloy through the Dragon Sight treasures seem to be taking much longer than I would expect. Also maybe could the Dragonsight Weapon Caches not be account bound so we can sell them on the AH?

You need 40 alloys to upgrade a set of armour (head, armour, Arms, Feet). Even if you somehow plan to make 2 sets of armour (8 pieces), it takes 80 alloys and not 130. Weapon set does not use alloy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

You need 40 alloys to upgrade a set of armour (head, armour, Arms, Feet). Even if you somehow plan to make 2 sets of armour (8 pieces), it takes 80 alloys and not 130. Weapon set does not use alloy.
    The weapons need 25 alloys for each piece, for a total of 50.

For me, I've averaged about 1-2 alloys per map run of Dragon heads (12 total). It's a grind to be sure and really unnecessary imo since the weapon set is a bit meh.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    arazith07 said:

For me, I've averaged about 1-2 alloys per map run of Dragon heads (12 total). It's a grind to be sure and really unnecessary imo since the weapon set is a bit meh.
    Opps! I don't even notice weapon set needs 50. I made a weapon set without knowing I had more than 50 alloy. I was not farming for alloy. I only do 10 dragonhead per week to fulfil the weekly quest.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited June 2022

arazith07 said:

Opps! I don't even notice weapon set needs 50. I made a weapon set without knowing I had more than 50 alloy. I was not farming for alloy. I only do 10 dragonhead per week to fulfil the weekly quest.
    Yea, you definately need to do 30-50 Dragon Sights every day, especially when you're looking to upgrade various Armor &/or Gear. Also each of the 4 area's in Dragonbone Vale have 3-4 Mini Boss who walk or stay around same area, they also drop stuff for upgrading Gear/Weapons too!

If you can do more then great, still it's a very slow grind that takes time. That was a response to the original OP though.

A question for @plasticbat however is this: Does Ancient Gear even drops from Dragon Sights, I've earned 5 weapon Cache so far yet not a single piece of the gear.

Thank You!
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

A question for @plasticbat however is this: Does Ancient Gear even drops from Dragon Sights, I've earned 5 weapon Cache so far yet not a single piece of the gear.

Thank You!

Ancient Scalebreaker's head, arm, feet and chest are from Seal store. No, Dragon Sights does not drop them.