test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DevBlog on Ribcages

I don't see anything about this anywhere on the forums, and I just want to say that I like this style of communication.

First of all, they're communicating. With us. The players.

But, also, this was a tough message, that no one wanted to write, because no one wanted to read it. And yet, it gave a logical explanation, which I have to admit has occurred to me every time I saw someone with a ribcage do FIVE TIMES the amount of damage as the person in second place. (And when second place was, like, 35 million...whew...)

Well done.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I can tell you that, if that player doint 5x the damage gives the ribcage to the other player, the first player will still be doing more than 4,5x the dmg of the other player.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing that bit of wisdom.
  • satatomo#9974 satatomo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    The player doing 5X damage isn't doing that because of the ribcage, they're doing it because they figured out some glitch with rotations/companions/potions. Or the 2nd player was super casual and wasn't competing for kills/damage.

Why put PVP powers on BIS PVE equipment in the first place? All it does is create ridiculous amount of server side calculations that add nothing to the game and make it more onerous to bug test. It would make a lot more sense to be able to upgrade items like Heels of Fury or Fured Kiuno of the Bear with 2 week long lvl 25 workshop recipes involving rare items like FISH. Crafting level 20-25 would be more time/item efficient versions of earlier recipes such as Black Ink or Fish Glue, such as 3 or 5 of these items crafted in same amount of time. It would create much greater demand for training manuals.