test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transmute items.

I heard from players that "All class restrictions removed form transmute items" will be a part of the new mod in one months time. I was wondering people's thoughts about this and if it is true or not. I personally am hoping I can finally get a use out of those infernal character bound transmutes from Vallenhas lol. (Even if they're still character bound after the update I would hope that we could at least unbind them.)

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I like this change, if I want to look like a plate wearing magic user, I should have that option. And yes it's true, it was revealed in the last stream on twitch by the Cryptic Devs (another stream is happening on Thursday). This will not be retroactive, to prevent players from doing market shenanigans. I am not aware of any changes to unbinding tokens related to this. So if you can't unbind now, you likely will not be able to unbind any time in the near future.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Well my first impression was like "wow finally!".. But then I started thinking.. Tanks looking like Rogues and Wizards looking like tanks...

Nah. I think it would be best to keep as it is.. Maybe looking into specific items that can be used by all...

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    Can a rogue carry a shield as off hand?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Can a rogue carry a shield as off hand?

This only applies to armors.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Lassor clarified on Discord when I asked about this. Old items with unique looks that have been unavailable for various reasons have been added to end chests as special transmute items. These items will be usable by all classes for appearance, regardless of what restrictions were on the original items. For instance, Dark Amor of Lolth (should it be one if the drops) would be added to the chest of Temple of the Spider and any class could use it, not just Wiz-War-Cleric.

This has no effect in and is unrelated to existing items.

As a side note, due to the existence of hunt items and such, it is trivially easy to put any class in heavy, medium, light or no armor. Main and off hands obviously are excluded.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother