test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Potential Abuse in Background

I was just in Illusionist's Gambit in a random queue. We went in with just three players total because two people instaquit.

As Lukan was being Lukan, one of the two players had a crying baby in the background. This guy was screaming at the top of his lungs. Every other word would be replaced on these forums with HAMSTER. He was screaming directly at the baby to shut up, stop crying, and take her nap.

Is this something that we just live with because all I heard was verbal abuse? I mean, a grown man, ranting and raving at a crying baby because she was interrupting his playtime was pretty unsettling.

I don't know where else to ask this question. I took a picture of the player's character, but I have no idea what to do, or if anything even can be done.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. Your screen shot proves nothing besides there is a player played with you. All other evidence such as time and what you heard are just hearsay. You did not record anything.

From a screen shot to identify the actual player is next to impossible to begin with. Character screen name is not unique. So, say, the character name happens to be unique and Cryptic somehow finds out the IP address of that character. Based on the IP address, somehow ISP provides an actual address without a warrant. What can the authority do? Nothing, at least not based on a screen shot and hearsay.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    fortheswordplay#9533 fortheswordplay Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Leave a complaint with Sony directly. They record everyone's PSN sessions, anyway.