test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2nd Watler Nerf In 2 days

mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
So, it appears NW took the advice of the community and fixed the Watler's obsolete equip bonus. NW decided to replace the campaign currency stat with movement speed, which was great. Then, after we bought the companion and upgraded it to mythic, you announce yet another nerf by removing movement speed and making it only deflect. Well, are those players who bought Watler and upgraded them for movement speed going to be compensated for NW's oversight or are they just going to have to eat the loss? Can't wait to hear what NW is going to do for their own oversight and if the community is going to suffer for this.

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Simple question to the opener of this tread..

Give me a list with companions who also have movement speeds, give me a list of gear wich have movement speed on it..
    And compare that with the amount of a for tank usable list..
    Tanks dont need/want movement speed, they want/need solid stats..

As for classes who are not very familiar with Tank classes, let me say this..
    Deflect is one of the key stats for a solid build tank for improving survivalbillity with the massive incoming damages (especially in endgame cases) wich makes it easier for healers to keep eye on DPS classes too for periodic healings..
    Its better for tank, its better for healers and not to forget (especially the blindfolded ones) DPS group...
    Breaking down essential stats for tank will indirectly hurts everyone..

My advice, level up a tank and experience the difficulties tanks are facing
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @finmakin said:
    > Simple question to the opener of this tread..
    >
    > Give me a list with companions who also have movement speeds, give me a list of gear wich have movement speed on it..
    > And compare that with the amount of a for tank usable list..
    > Tanks dont need/want movement speed, they want/need solid stats..
    >
    > As for classes who are not very familiar with Tank classes, let me say this..
    > Deflect is one of the key stats for a solid build tank for improving survivalbillity with the massive incoming damages (especially in endgame cases) wich makes it easier for healers to keep eye on DPS classes too for periodic healings..
    > Its better for tank, its better for healers and not to forget (especially the blindfolded ones) DPS group...
    > Breaking down essential stats for tank will indirectly hurts everyone..
    >
    > My advice, level up a tank and experience the difficulties tanks are facing

Hey buddy, not sure why you're asking me this same question twice, but ok. Yeah, every tank is different. Some tanks actually use movement speed so they don't waste everyone's time by slowing down the group.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    As a fighter that has more tank specs than I know what to do with along with a movespeed build, either situation can be annoying.

However, currently without a single deflect comp equipped with consumables + temp buffs from fortified/master boon, I can have up to 84% deflect, 88-89% with Regis comp slotted in (though I opt for lich there).

Though, once again, I can hit 100%+ movespeed pretty easily as is, with most my tank specs sitting mid 80%s with no comps invested into movespeed and no consumables giving movespeed outside of Sambocade.

I do think we should have at least one comp with 7.5% of each individual stat though, those tend to have the highest value for making specifics builds.
    Aye, great points everyone. Both stats can be useful in a given build. But we are overlooking the problem. The problem is the game announced a buff/nerf to Watler, players bought and upgraded it because of the announcement, and then the next day those changes were reverted which negated/wasted the investments players made because of the announcement. Doubtful anyone would agree that was a sound business practice and doubtful everyone who wasted their upgrade tokens/diamonds on upgrading that companion is satisfied with their purchase that was nerfed 24 hours or so later.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 444 Arc User

> @finmakin said:
    > Simple question to the opener of this tread..
    >
    > Give me a list with companions who also have movement speeds, give me a list of gear wich have movement speed on it..
    > And compare that with the amount of a for tank usable list..
    > Tanks dont need/want movement speed, they want/need solid stats..
    >
    > As for classes who are not very familiar with Tank classes, let me say this..
    > Deflect is one of the key stats for a solid build tank for improving survivalbillity with the massive incoming damages (especially in endgame cases) wich makes it easier for healers to keep eye on DPS classes too for periodic healings..
    > Its better for tank, its better for healers and not to forget (especially the blindfolded ones) DPS group...
    > Breaking down essential stats for tank will indirectly hurts everyone..
    >
    > My advice, level up a tank and experience the difficulties tanks are facing

Hey buddy, not sure why you're asking me this same question twice, but ok. Yeah, every tank is different. Some tanks actually use movement speed so they don't waste everyone's time by slowing down the group.

Simple, you opened twice a tread with same concept...
    So i responded twice to make sure you didnt missed it. :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    > @finmakin said:
    > Simple, you opened twice a tread with same concept...
    > So i responded twice to make sure you didnt missed it. :)

Fair enough! Navigating this site is troublesome.