test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warlock healer Soulstorm

luizgustavovluizgustavov Member Posts: 58 Arc User
what if this ability was cast around the warlock and we could move around to heal people? Would actually make this very unique and help a lot warlock healers
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I hear you; however, that may actually be worse than the current design with the party content Neverwinter provides. The most effective healing powers in Neverwinter are ranged without the requirement to target a player. My definition of effective in this case is not just overall healing output, but the ability to reach all teammates, specifically when they need to spread out.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    SoulWeaver( heal warlock) the Soulstorm is not bad by desing. It was desing for fights where players may surround and stay in same place for some time..

For more mobile fight, revitalize encounter is just great alternative. Also you have Vampiric embrace which also heal and remove negative effects( debuff/dot's).

What really need is to slighly rework Feypact feat.. This feat adds heal over time effect to warlocks healing powers( revitalize, soulstorm and Inspirit(tab key heal)).

The thing the magnitudes of it is too low.. When I use revitalize encounter even on single target player, the Feypact feats Heal over time does little to no healing.. If it would work properly it would heal something like Soulstorm does..

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    > @hadestemplar#9918 said:
    > SoulWeaver( heal warlock) the Soulstorm is not bad by desing. It was desing for fights where players may surround and stay in same place for some time..
    >
    > For more mobile fight, revitalize encounter is just great alternative. Also you have Vampiric embrace which also heal and remove negative effects( debuff/dot's).
    >
    > What really need is to slighly rework Feypact feat.. This feat adds heal over time effect to warlocks healing powers( revitalize, soulstorm and Inspirit(tab key heal)).
    >
    > The thing the magnitudes of it is too low.. When I use revitalize encounter even on single target player, the Feypact feats Heal over time does little to no healing.. If it would work properly it would heal something like Soulstorm does..

Interesting! Was it nerfed? I remember the HoT keystone Feat was significantly more effective than the Infernal Barrier Shield keystone Feat when I was playing Soulweaver quite a bit a few mods ago. It was on par or better than Healing Word when used with Rejuvenate, Soulstorm, and all party members stacked.

Funny timing you mentioning this because I’ve seen Soulweavers now running with the Infernal Barrier Shield keystone and figured it was purely because a Cleric was in the group.

Perhaps both are true?
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

> Interesting! Was it nerfed? I remember the HoT keystone Feat was significantly more effective than the Infernal Barrier Shield keystone Feat when I was playing Soulweaver quite a bit a few mods ago. It was on par or better than Healing Word when used with Rejuvenate, Soulstorm, and all party members stacked.

Funny timing you mentioning this because I’ve seen Soulweavers now running with the Infernal Barrier Shield keystone and figured it was purely because a Cleric was in the group.

Perhaps both are true?

Who knows when it got broken. But what i am sure,, warlocks are not priority list when comes bug fixing.. So players pick shield feat just to use something.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    nerone#4773 nerone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User

d4rkh0rs3 said:

> Interesting! Was it nerfed? I remember the HoT keystone Feat was significantly more effective than the Infernal Barrier Shield keystone Feat when I was playing Soulweaver quite a bit a few mods ago. It was on par or better than Healing Word when used with Rejuvenate, Soulstorm, and all party members stacked.

Perhaps both are true?

Who knows when it got broken. But what i am sure,, warlocks are not priority list when comes bug fixing.. So players pick shield feat just to use something.
    Are we sure it's a bug? In my opinion, it was a real nerf.

But even the shield build isn't that good at the moment.
    Now I don't know if that's true since I wasn't playing at that time, but they told me that once the shields a Soulweaver put on were bigger but then it got nerfed because it put shields like an OP.

Rejuvenate, in my opinion, was also much more useful. When you launched it, the heal split like the Healing Word.
    But as it is now, the Soulweaver is not bad. In fact I have a lot of fun playing it, in fact it is currently my main class.
    The only thing they should do is increase the magnitude of the heals and consequently the amount of shield it can put on.
  • Options
    erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Rangers can give better shield than warlocks. Shielder warlock is used mainly for trials, where there is cleric or bard for HoT.

For shields and HoT of warlocks it would be nice if they had something like paladin feat: "if healing crits, double the shield/HoT".

But overall, magnitudes are quite low for any warlock healing. They could be improved a bit.
  • Options
    luizgustavovluizgustavov Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    maybe they can make soulstorm cast on ground target and around the warlock at the same time, but u can only get healed by one at a time
  • Options
    nerone#4773 nerone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User

maybe they can make soulstorm cast on ground target and around the warlock at the same time, but u can only get healed by one at a time

That would be bad, a skill that only heals one is useless enough would only consume souls. To heal a single target we have lifepatc and soul reconstruction.