test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Quickly Swap Encounter/At-Will Attacks???? [Ranger Class]

peppa#4404 peppa Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Is there a way to cause Encounter and At-Will attacks with the Ranger class change when you switch between melee and ranged stances?

I'm playing a Ranger. I have Aimed Shot as my primary (Left-Click) At-Will, Rapid Shot as my secondary (Right-Click) At-will attack. I've setup Grasping Roots as the R key encounter attack, Volley Shot as the Q key encounter attack, and I think it's called Hawkeye Shot as the E key encounter attack.

That's all fine when using ranged attacks from a distance but when enemies either dodge or I miss with Grasping Roots and they come in to melee range and I hit tab to melee I'd like the Encounter and At-Will attacks to change because what those Encounters and At-Will selections are in melee mode doesn't work for me. I want to use different At-will and Encounter attacks when in melee stance.

"Hit P to bring up the Powers window." someone might say.
Thought and suggestion appreciated but that's not quick to do. By the time I make all the selections and close the window I'll be dead. I want to do it quickly so it doesn't make me dead or injured.

I've been looking for a keybinding reference for this game but I haven't found one that has the info I need in it.

I've seen the wiki: https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Console_command

I've run /cmdlist, collected it, put it in advanced text editors and excel and searched it as well as manually read it line for line, command by command. They don't include what I'm looking for. I've also run /cmds looking for what I'm looking for but haven't found the answers that way either.

Where do I find the info that answers how to use keybinds to:

1. Make the tab key not only change melee/ranged stance but also swap the encounter and at-will attacks to the ones I want?

2. Swap loadouts quickly when we're in an area that allows us to. Maybe I missed it but I don't see a command for loadouts.

3. Swap weapons from specific slots in the inventory when I want or need to. This isn't a rerun of #2 above. I'd like to just swap items from inventory in and out, equip/unequip.

4. I want to say multiple things or run multiple emotes by pressing a single key or combination of keys. Examples:
- Say to the que group in a dungeon "Trapped! Free me please!" and then repeats it in the party channel to insure *someone* sees it in case some people have their que channel turned off when I'm iced in Svordborg or clawed in LOMM or one of the others that snares you with something that needs broken before it kills you.

- Fun with emotes. I'd like to have my toon wave then do the dancewave, then cheerproud, then clap in a sequence in that order by pressing one key instead of typing /e wave [enter] waiting a few seconds and typing /e dancewave [enter] waiting a few and [enter] /e cheerproud [enter] waiting a few and...

Would I have to use something like AutoHotKey to do this? Not a problem, can do with AHK but if the game does it I'd rather not run things I don't need running and just do it with a command/script activated by a keybind in the game it self if it's possible to do in the game.

I'm looking for the reference or however this gentleman figured out how to write these keybind scripts in the description:
https://youtu.be/Pqa177K5r0I

It seems the "$$" is doing something. What's it doing?
What's the "+" doing?
Are there other characters that do other things like the $$ and + do? Where's the reference that gives us that info? ALL the commands and tricks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Aha!
    $$ chains commands? (requires login)
    https://atif.shivtr.com/pages/binds

What does + and ++ do and are there other comment characters??

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Haha, I totally forgot about site. It's been years. How you found it?

To the points:

1. It was asked crapton of times but as afaik there is no way to swap active powers. The fastest way is to right click on the slot itself and chose. There was an option to enable a bottom bar, but I think that was removed too a couple of years ago.

2. There isn't a command for loadouts, but you can bind a key to display the mini-drop down.

3, Items that have equip / activate as first action on the menu when you right click them, can be activated via /bind [key] "+inventoryexec inventory 29"

Where 29 is the slot number of the first bag. 0 is first slot (top left), 29 is the last (bottom right).

I can't check in game, but it may work, it may not. The Dev's in their infinite wisdom removed the ability to activate items like this from most items. (by making the first command non active)

I can't check in game, so give it a try.

4. This one can be done, and mostly easy.

You can see an example there:
    /bind numpad8 "p I'm attacking $$ +powertrayexec 4"

The first part,
    /bind key "p bla bla bla text here"

will send the bla bla bla text here to the party channel (and will swap to it)

it's the same as doing
    /p bla bla bla text here
    in the cmd

another way is with aliases:
    https://jannenw.info/pages/other-info/aliases

4.b. The multiple things is problematic, since you can't wait. There is no command for delay.
    In general you can activate multiple commands with the chaining operand $$ like in the example above, it will post text and activate an encounter but there is no option to wait, and activate the next emote and next and next.

if you have a chained command and one commands failed, it will execute the next. So you can for example bind all the encounters to one button, and smash it. It will activate the next non cd one.

You can do text + 1 emote.
    or lets say tab + encounter but after that it's multiple spams on the button.

To the other questions:

+command is the same command 1

Some commands take an on/off / activation parameter, so this is just a shortcut.

for example
    powertrayexec takes two parameters, one if to activate or not, (0 or 1) and one for the slot index.

So +powertrayexec is the same as powertrayexec 1

++ is similar but means toggle. Some commands are can distinguish a single key press, and a key toggle (hold).

++ signifies key hold / toggle

That's from memory.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

Haha, I totally forgot about site. It's been years. How you found it?

I have and use the stand-alone version through Arc Games. It has it's own user client, something like Steam but not exactly. The forums are integrated into the Arc client.

In short after reading all of your appreciated reply I might end up resorting to using scripts and macros running in the background if there truly is no way to do what I'd like to do inside the game it self.
    micky1p00 said:

To the points:

1. It was asked crapton of times but as afaik there is no way to swap active powers. The fastest way is to right click on the slot itself and chose. There was an option to enable a bottom bar, but I think that was removed too a couple of years ago.

Bottom bar? What bar are you referring to? We can move the GUI around however we want. What might be on the bottom of your screen is possibly not the same thing(s) at the bottom of everyone elses screen. I assume you might mean the Stamina Bar I keep seeing mentioned I don't see anywhere on the default HUD that might be a stamina bar?

The one that makes me run out of stamina because stamina usage isn't displayed anywhere?
    micky1p00 said:

3. There isn't a command for loadouts, but you can bind a key to display the mini-drop down.

So...
    ?
    Please share how we would bind a key to display whatever drop down menu you're referring to.
    micky1p00 said:

3, Items that have equip / activate as first action on the menu when you right click them, can be activated via /bind [key] "+inventoryexec inventory 29"

Where 29 is the slot number of the first bag. 0 is first slot (top left), 29 is the last (bottom right).

Thanks! I saw this somewhere, probably reddit, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Are you aware of what the + does in your example? I figured out 2 of them together causes toggle.
    micky1p00 said:

I can't check in game, but it may work, it may not. The Dev's in their infinite wisdom removed the ability to activate items like this from most items. (by making the first command non active)

I can't check in game, so give it a try.

That went over my head and got lost. Thanks for attempting to explain though! Yep! I'll give it a try.
    I'll report back in this thread to share whether it worked or not.

I've tried /Target $$Follow and while it finds and suggests the Target command as I'm typing it after I hit enter to run it system info says "unknown command:Target."

An example of what I tried to do is, to test it, make my toon go to Sgt. Knox:
    /Target "Sergeant Knox" $$ Follow
    /Target "Sergeant Knox$$Follow"
    /Target "SergeantKnox$$Follow"
    /Target "SergeantKnox" $$ Follow
    /Target SergeantKnox$$Follow
    /"Target SergeantKnox $$ Follow"
    ...I tried every way of writing it I could think of. No matter how I wrote it the system returned the unknown command error for Target every time.

I guess being able to do that was nerfed or the person saying they did it was blowing smoke? They said it worked for both NPC's and friends that are online as long as they were on the same map in the same instance.
    micky1p00 said:

4. This one can be done, and mostly easy.

You can see an example there:
    /bind numpad8 "p I'm attacking $$ +powertrayexec 4"

The first part,
    /bind key "p bla bla bla text here"

will send the bla bla bla text here to the party channel (and will swap to it)

it's the same as doing
    /p bla bla bla text here
    in the cmd

another way is with aliases:
    https://jannenw.info/pages/other-info/aliases

I want it to send to BOTH party and que group chat. How would I do that? Right. Sending to one of the chat's is easy. Sending to multiple chat channels *should* be possible. Especially after seeing the Bard keybinds Aragon shared in the one bard video he posted. There obviously is a way to get a /bind command script to do multiple things with one key stroke. THAT is what I'm looking to do.
    micky1p00 said:

4.b. The multiple things is problematic, since you can't wait. There is no command for delay.
    In general you can activate multiple commands with the chaining operand $$ like in the example above, it will post text and activate an encounter but there is no option to wait, and activate the next emote and next and next.

Yeah I considered the no delay thing. I wasn't sure if there was a way to cause a delay between scripts. Thanks for answering that there isn't! So I'll have to use outside scripts running from my desktop like AutoHotKey that does have a way to create delays between commands. Thanks for the info!! +9999999999 appreciated!
    micky1p00 said:

if you have a chained command and one commands failed, it will execute the next. So you can for example bind all the encounters to one button, and smash it. It will activate the next non cd one.

I'm not a mind reader. Non....???????? Compact Disc????? Conveluted Dimension????? Cordial Dickbeater! ?
    Call Dialer. ?
    CockaDoodle???
    micky1p00 said:

You can do text + 1 emote.
    or lets say tab + encounter but after that it's multiple spams on the button.

To the other questions:

+command is the same command 1

Some commands take an on/off / activation parameter, so this is just a shortcut.

for example
    powertrayexec takes two parameters, one if to activate or not, (0 or 1) and one for the slot index.

So +powertrayexec is the same as powertrayexec 1

So the single + is the same as 0 or 1 (on/off, enable/disable).
    Doble ++ is toggle. Thanks!

What is $$ doing? Info I found says it "chains" commands together which, to me, means $$ allows use to run multiple commands on the same keybind we're making to bind one key to do multiple things. That's what I want! So why didn't it work when I tried it with any of the things I tried it with?
    I tried:

/bind f1 emote wave $$ emote clap
    Result: Nothing. Toon didn't do anyting, system didn't display any errors.
    There are times my toon oddly just doesn't do the emote animations but the toon was doing the animations for the emotes if I would /bind f1 emote wave (bind only one emote).
    That is the delay requirement thing. I can see that that gets confused without a delay beween the commands.

I'm really confused as to why chat suggests Target command as I'm typing target but of all the /bind [key] $$Follow attempts I did at getting that to work the only error system reported was that it didn't recocnize the command it suggested when I was typing it as a command.
    What. The. ?????

It suggests it as a command but doesn't know what it suggests as a command when it's run.

Huh???? LOL!
    Bug??? Disabled? Level access? Or is there parameters I have to use that /cmds Target annoyingly doesn't say anything about?

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    1. Haha, no I mean the https://atif.shivtr.com/pages/binds site.

I didn't remember what was the loadout window name, so I couldn't write it at the time. It's

gensendmessage Manageloadouts_Root 1

So the bind will be

/bind key "gensendmessage Manageloadouts_Root 1"

3. Target was removed, the command doesn't exist anymore (As public). So this is why you failed there.

4. Cooldown

5. I can't test in game, but one variant to send to multiple channels will be:

/bind key ChannelSend party "text"$$ChannelSend zone "text"$$ChannelSend say "text"
    or
    /bind key "ChannelSend party text$$ChannelSend zone text$$ChannelSend say text"

Try both.
    Via binding there are sometimes issues with escape characters so it usually takes some tweaking. Aliases usually work better in such cases.

6. One method to get over the multiple emotes or timed issues is to circular bind.

You bind a key to do action 1, and chain it a bind to do action 2 and chain a bind to do action 1 again with the original bind.

Here an untested example using aliases overwrite to do the magic, it will go something like this:

/alias set0 <& "ChannelSend say text1"$$ alias set0 "set1" &>
    /alias set1 <& "ChannelSend say text2"$$ alias set0 "set2" &>
    /alias set2 <& "ChannelSend say text1"$$ alias set0 "set1" &>

and

/bind key set0

This makes every click of the button to execute an action and replace the current action to the next one in the list. Still require multiple clicks, but it's the same button.

So that should work for multiple emotes.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll try that for the chat channels. Not the alias stuff, seems redundant and doesn't make sense to me to make a script to run a script to run a command. I'd just write the command. Maybe I'll figure out the reason for aliases other than to make the bind command shorter as I'm trying and testing.

I appreciate the help and input! Thank you!