test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragonbone Vale - Vale Alloy Drop Rate

The drop rate for the Dragonbone Vale Alloy is too low. I've now done 29 dragon heads in a row before I finally got an alloy.

That's 1 of 50 towards the new weapons. 3 hours to make 1/50 progression - that's far too low. You should at least make a guarantee that after 12 there should be 1 drop. This way players know that they'll be guaranteed the weapon set with 50 hours of work max.

You're introducing too much player frustration without a means for the player to solve that frustration.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    gyran#1260 gyran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have to agree, the drop rate is not what the developers stated it was. I understand the need to grind for things but when the grind is ridiculous, it really takes away from the game. Also, if you could add more RPG elements back into the game it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Well, I have done that for 9 toons. The drop rate could be higher but I usually got at least 1 in 12 dragonheads. It does not take 3 hours to do 12 dragonheads. i.e. you did not only do dragonhead for 3 hours. However, it appears there is an hidden cap. Not sure what kind of cap it is such as a daily cap or within N hours cap. No, I have no evidence to prove there is a cap but I have done that enough to feel that way. So, I usually stop when there is enough 'miss'.

I personally would complain about getting Ancient Dwarven Materials. For dragonhead, at least, you don't need to compete with other players. For Ancient Dwarven Materials, you need to deal with spawn rate, other players and drop rate.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***