test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

D.O.T. mount powers useless

Hi,

speaking about all the DOT mount powers: they are not useful in single target, and unless you are alone questing, everything is dead almost istantly, so useless in aoe.

Can you either create more one shot powers or reduce the time, e.g. to 3 secs? This would made them very interesting, bringing more variety.

Thanks

Comments

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    They can also increase the magnitude or add a secondary effect to balance them. Right now with magnitude the same as instant damage mounts.....who on earth is going to use them?
    Another DoT mount with ~1000 magnitude and no special ability....sweet 🤦‍♂️🤮
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I use DoT mount powers with my DC healer and Paladin. I play them solo all the time and the cauldron one is way more useful to them than the noble pegasus one and it really shines when I am fighting off 3 or 4 mobs at once or when I decide to solo an epic, major or minor heroic with them.

My DC healer is no longer dependent on mount powers to complete that stuff but for my paladin I simply lack the ability to complete the same stuff without that specific mount power.

Come to think of it the only ones using the noble pegasus mount power all the time now are my DPS types.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    @melotai#0794 why on earth would you solo quest on a DC healer, you know they have a dps paragon right?
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    yes, I do know that, and I only use the DPS side for group content in a pre-made group where someone else wants to fulfill the healing role. Besides I have a toon for each class in the game and I find that playing DPS all the time is boring.

Although, if I were any good at actually playing a real tank type I would do that solo as well but as it is I am only good with the Healer and DPS types and am even able to still pretend tank with them in the older epic content that I usually do.

> @melotai#0794 said:
    > I use DoT mount powers with my DC healer and Paladin. I play them solo all the time and the cauldron one is way more useful to them than the noble pegasus one and it really shines when I am fighting off 3 or 4 mobs at once or when I decide to solo an epic, major or minor heroic with them.
    >
    > My DC healer is no longer dependent on mount powers to complete that stuff but for my paladin I simply lack the ability to complete the same stuff without that specific mount power.
    >
    > Come to think of it the only ones using the noble pegasus mount power all the time now are my DPS types.

Yeah Cauldron is a good example of a properly made DoT mount (and I think the only one...a few others give slow to enemy 😐). It gives 30% stats!!!! The fact that it does a tiny amount of damage per second is not why someone would run it
  • vokuldovahkiin1#4724 vokuldovahkiin1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thankyou for the insight. I have a Devout Cleric that I solo play with and never even considered the Cauldron for a mount power. I will have to try it out for myself. I tried the Paladin Tank/Healer and didn't like him much. Removed what could be removed and deleted him. I do love my DC though.