test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kabaul’s Unfair One Hit KO [PS4]

leviathan#1115 leviathan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
During the first boss battle in Master Spellplague Caverns (MSP) pits the players against Kabaul the Firesoul. After a player leads a fireball to him and breaks his shield, he gains attack mechanics. One attack has him target the farthest player from him that is outside a predetermined radius with a chain and pulls them towards him, leaving them prone. He follows this up with a hammer slam that is an instant KO to all DPS characters. The other attack is the aforementioned hammer slam. From what it seems like, he uses this attack on the closest player to him, which is supposed to be the Tank. So players shouldn’t stand too close or too far, sounds simple. Well if he’s supposed to attack the closest player to him with this hammer slam, then why does he just out of nowhere turn around and one shots a random DPS or even the Healer when they’re not even standing close to him. This move should only target the person with the highest Threat, which should be the, oh I don’t know, THE TANK. This situation only gets worse in Reaper’s Challenge when one of the challenge conditions is NO REVIVES.

Comments

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Yes, this has been happening for sometime. Agro seems to glitch on multiple bosses, like Orcus as well. But Kabal in Reapers isn’t worth doing unless you have the dps to kill him quickly. Which is a rogue with a band of air lol.
    But seriously he’s been one shotting randoms since Reapers dropped.
    Even the Bore worm is targeting a dps for first gigawatt before targeting the Tank. This is with the Tank having aggro before he phases.
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I'll toss in that most of the time, the attacks are invisible in Reaper. Meaning no red areas, the bosses not moving, etc.

To follow up on Leviathan's post further, Orcus has invisible attacks and so does Kabaul. We're also seeing (actually not seeing) invisible fire in areas of Reaper. Anywhere there is a fire ground effect, people cannot see it. Shores of Turen final boss is one place. until you step in it and it one-shot's you, you can't actually see it.

I don't know if this is specific to PS only or what. With 900k hitpoints and 69K, my Ranger should not insta-die.
    Murder time is fun time!