test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHULTAN ALCHEMY RECIPES NOT APPEARING

buxyboybuxyboy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I bought Chultan Alchemy recipes from the vendor in Chultan (and paid 2000 Chultan riches for it). I also bought Chultan Artificing recipes from the same vendor in Chultan. Only the Artificing recipes are showing up in the workshop. When checking with another character where I also bought this recipes some time ago (didn't use them yet) I noticed the same bug.

The issue that comes up is that the whole crafting system for Chultan items is obsolete without the Alchemy recipes because in the "tech tree" other recipes are relying on items crafted with the alchemy recipes. So this is not a stand-alone bug but one that is altering gameplay. Harvesting (collecting) Chultan plants eg becomes irrelevant if they cannot be used for anything. I would appreciate if this concern is addressed (although I realise that probably not so many people play the game for its economics...)

I have read in another discussion that I could get the recipes in Stronghold, but I am not part of a Guild and still would like to use this part of the Neverwinter gameplay economics.
Tagged:

Comments

• silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The Chultan recipes were part of the old Mastercrafting system that no longer exists. The recipes are still there, but the materials are no longer available. I’m sorry to inform you you HAVE to join a guild 12 or higher to get the full access. It’s 500k a book and each profession has two books. But a good portion of the recipes are useless as the ability to farm or craft materials has been removed.

Everyone doing crafting has been waiting on an update for ages. Don’t hold your breath. As for joining a guild, you would only need to join one to gain access to the vendor and then you may leave. Also, most players in guilds do nothing guild related, just avail themselves of the boons.
  • janeiac#9519 janeiac Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    What do you mean, the materials are no longer available? I have been gathering materials in Chult this week. They are still there to collect. However, the Chult recipes books are broken. I bought all seven, never received any for alchemy, and received only level 18 recipes for the others-- nothing lower-- which means they cannot be used because they all require things that are crafted at lower levels. For example, I have dinosaur hide (gathered recently) but I cannot make the dinosaur leather required as a component of a level 18 tool. Evrey single one of the Chult recipes is unusable because of this-- but I do have the materials. Again, recently gathered.
    Post edited by janeiac#9519 on
  • docqwerty#9003 docqwerty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree I had the Jewelry from long ago and bought the other six just a few days ago. Alchemy has not shown up at all. and I am gathering several of the materials in Chult.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Common chultan recipes weren't removed after masterwork update in mod21 (even Chultan Alchemy recipes). But devs with the old masterwork recipes incorrectly removed some recipes for crafting resources from Chultan professions. There are only 2 recipes in the Chultan Alchemy recipes and both were removed, so you can't see Chultan Alchemy recipes even after buying them.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The materials you can collect are mostly for the New Mastercrafting. You will find you can no longer create lots of things. It’s broken. And not going to be fixed for years yet.
    Not a priority.
    They redid the WHOLE system. Now you have to buy books in guilds 12+.
    But
    You can’t make a lot because the materials can no longer be gathered.

Now you can make potions, armor kits and junk for gold.
    Master wpns as well.

Currently it’s not worth the investment.
  • avadariusavadarius Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Thank you very much for starting this thread. I had 14,000 chultan riches so I bought all the chultan recipe books. The recipes on the workshop page are available for all but alchemy and I couldn't understand why. Now I see the ability to craft reagents was removed even though you are still able to collect some reagents from chult. If a profession had armour or weapon, the item remained in recipes. If the recipe was a reagent, the reagent was removed (some exceptions wootz steel rings ). Alchemy was only dark residuum and propolis varnish so not having armour or weapons to craft the profession tab was removed completely. Zero chultan riches later, crafting is awesome, chult recipes are broke, and now new crafting tools are being released. This was a helpful thread.
    It's been three months and I still do not have the Chultan recipes that I paid for. There are still zero alchemy recipes, and all the others are completely unusable because the required components need recipes that are not there. Only level 18 is available.
    Now it has been nearly six months and I still do not have the Chult recipes that I paid for. The Chult vendor still has my currency, though.