test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wondering if the Devs ever play the game

OK. I give you credit for being able to keep rolling out new ideas and areas. The Dragonborn Vale is very pretty and the grappling hook is fun. BUT...
1. You made New Sharandar and took out the Master of Coin quest for that area, which gave necessary Adventurer's Shards of Power to the Guilds. This essentially was a 25% cut in quests from the Master of Coin and a big hit for Guilds trying to build.
2. You took out the enchantments and made new ones as well as removed MOPs from the game. Nice, but you are still giving them as rewards in invocation bags. The Rank 2s are worth 5 refinement points. Can you replace these with something more meaningful?
3. In an effort to remove old enchantments from the drops, you also removed black ice drops from minor heroics and Need for Mead in Icewind Dale. This makes completing the Safe Keeping/ Needless Distraction quest very difficult as it requires black ice. This means a player trying to do the campaign will not advance very quickly as there are only two ways to get reputation-- that quest and the demonics. Because drops are so poor for demonic heroics now (who wants to go to Icewind Dale and help new players do demonic heroics for 3, 6 or even 9 Seals of the Adventurer?). So, you have to be prepared to solo the demonic heroics and try to mine ice to get any reputation. This severely hurts the campaign progress there.
4. Also, in an effort, I suspect, to remove the Draconic enchantments from the drops in Well of Dragons, you somehow removed all loot from the end chests in the lairs at the Well. A new character, trying to do the campaign there, cannot progress to daily quest givers until they finish Sacrificial Victims. Sacrificial victims cannot be completed if there is nothing in the end chest. I have run that lair 5 times on each of 3 characters with no successful completion. Nothing in the chest, you leave, and the quest is not completed and it tells you to go to the cave again. So, no progress in that area is possible.
5. That leaves only Dread Ring as an option for new toons to help out their guild with Master of Coin quests. It also leaves most new players very frustrated. After finishing their Leveling quests, they can do some adventures, but eventually should start on campaigns.

In addition, I understand the diamond market economics are kind of messed up so you naturally want to remove diamonds from the system. But, again, one good source of diamonds for new players was the weekly specials. Before the leveling changes, there were 5 quests. Now there are 3. That is a 40% reduction in that revenue stream. Yes, there are plenty of diamonds in the leveling quests, but those are a one-time revenue source, not ongoing.

Try starting a totally new (no perks from pre-existing account-wides) toon, level it, then try to do campaigns. Try to start a guild and build something. This is not about end game problems, just simple, day-to-day, casual playing problems. These are the things that turn new players away.

Is it really more important to fix the glitch that allows a player to collect gem shards twice from a Dragon Sight treasure than it is to fix problems that make the game unplayable at lower levels? Just a thought...

Comments

• Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I completed Sacrificial Victims today just fine. Don't remember if there was anything in the chest or not.

But it is par for the course for the devs to break multiple items when they introduce new stuff, or fix something.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Some play, but probably not old content. One programming Dev plays a rogue, we all say that’s why rogues are always top dps.
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Just to be clear-- I am talking about the yellow storyline quest Sacrificial Victims, not the repeatable quest. It is given to players that are coming to the Well of Dragons for the first time and cannot be successfully completed without collecting an actual treasure from the end chest. I just tried it again with another new character and, again, ran the entire dungeon only to collect no treasure. My quest log now says" Sacrificial Victims: Go to Cult Prison". It cannot be completed without an actual treasure.

Furthermore, you cannot get any new quests the next day until the yellow, intro storyline quests are completed. So, no quests=no progress= broken for new toons.

No black ice from Minor Heroics and Need for Mead again today.

Yes, devs might play their favorite characters, but they need to playtest the new leveling adventures, new toons in low level areas, and guild building these days.
  • Options
    trace#7852 trace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Plug in a USB keyboard, and hit the 1 key on the empty chest. Get instant credit for completion. Your welcome.
  • Options
    juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Thank you so much. Someone else told me this and I had to find a usb keyboard. Tried it this morning and it worked. Wish you could play the game with just an xbox though...