test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Officially Quit This Game Tomorrow

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited February 2022 in PvP Discussion
Today was the last PVP event I host, thank you to the players that came to today's event or other events we did in past. We even got 2 5vs5s today like I hoped would happen!

For those of you that weren't aware, I've been hosting PVP events for 9months now on PC. For first several months, I hosted 1 PVP event every single day of the week, later on I cut back to doing 3-4 events per week. This was part of the PVP revival project that Robb, Arix, and me founded; many other players contributed what help they could to this project as well. Most of these events consisted of community hosted private PVP matches & we used to host organized solo que match pops as well. There were also some 1vs1 sessions and 1 mid tier tournament during this time.

The purpose of this project was:
- To give the PVP community something to do so they don't all quit before Cryptic could release another PVP update, sadly the update never came and Cryptic simply took too long to act, despite multiple attempts to get their attention.
- These events also took advantage of the drop in toxicity that occurred after PVP seasons got removed around may 2021, the goal was to reduce how many players return to that behavior if another PVP update happens.
- This project also existed to prove that we were stronger than we thought and it is possible for a tiny number of people to move mountains.

---

What Happens Now:
Matches will continue to occur most likely with me gone, but they likely to be 4vs4 and 3vs3 for several weeks. Eventually flash freeze will get fixed and more people will come back to game later into mod.
5vs5s will start happening again even with me not here, but will likely be fewer of them per week.
It will be up to the players left what rules and item bans they want to add to the matches they host.

----

An update for PVP may happen in mod 24 or mod 25, but likely I don't come back that far out.
If its mod 23 I might.

I am leaving the game officially tomorrow. But may log in a couple more times to tie up the remaining loose ends.

Next games I go to are guild wars 2 and probably overwatch. I am going to try to become a pro PVP player and large streamer, but am still trying to find right game match for me long term.

---

For those of you still interested in finding people to PVP with on PC or interested in seeing the history of this project, here are the places to look:

PVP Arena discord (this discord was part of the infrastructure we set up for this project): https://discord.gg/SSeBGh4ufu
Pirate Code's Alliance discord (this alliance hosts their own PVP events a few times a month): https://discord.gg/wBDacyH

Here is the chat channel this project used:
PvP Training Session
Join Info: its open to the public, anyone can join. The real one has over 700 people in it in case you enter a fake one by mistake.

Here is the link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_wFXVuNnA25XqOMrMJiqw
About: You can find educational PVP videos I made on this channel, the ones labeled "Lasting Knowledge Series" are designed to last a long time and should remain useful for rest of time this game is around for; some of the info in them applies to other games as well.
You can also find the recordings of the PVP events I hosted here, this is only some of the PVP events that happened, because I wasn't recording until halfway through this project.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Tagged:

Comments

• gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into pvp and organizing matches for us Mari. I don't overexaggerate when I say that you've done more for pvp than Cryptic has in many many years. We all wish you good luck in whichever game you move to.