test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anything planned for PvP?

Hi,

the Mod22 made PvP a bit more "new player"-friendly, since the high ilvl on enchantments made the gear gap between veterans and less geared players less significant. In fact we've seen some new faces stick around for our regular private matches and matches seem to be a bit more fun.

However there is still a huge issue with accuracy: You actually deal more dmg to your enemy, if they deflect as long as your accuracy exceeds their deflect severity. I can stack up to 81% accuracy on my arbiter and essentially one-shot players with 600k+ daylies if they deflect and I crit.
If you fix this, a lot of the weird balance regarding dmg towards Ranger, Arbiter, Wizard and Fighter would be fixed I think. The longterm solution would be to cut of any bonus dmg you deal if your acc exceeds enemy deflect severity. It's counterintuitive that you take more dmg if you deflect!!!
Short term you could add like 20-30% deflect sev. for everyone to the PvP buff. That would even out the differences a bit.

In general I'd be interested if you are aware that there is in fact a demand for PvP (it used to be the real endgame in Neverwinter, now it's more like friendly matches for fun). And if you are planning to do anything about PvP or even talk about it sometimes, maybe?

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Accuracy deflect sev math causing deflected hits to make you take extra damage doesn't make logical sense and ideally it wouldn't work like this.
    However, trying to fix this issue without changing other variables would make conditions in PVP a lot worse. Because the damage increase provided by accuracy is so large and suddenly removing this would change the meta to make us significantly tankyer.

Deflect sev could add a bit more of, but adding a full 30% is probably too much, especially given we would still have the forte system under this proposal, my rogue going to be tanky as HAMSTER.
    Wizard would still be really strong due to them not needing damage to swing matches and will remain highly desirable.
    Fighter would be extremely tanky and probably would still be really strong as well, they have an advantage when it comes to consistent damage output.

Bringing back prominent RNG from deflects paired with it being in the direction of making everyone tankyer would make experienced players, especially those that play ranger wanna rip their hair out too.

I can't say I'm a fan of the forte system, it is unnecessary and some classes get stuck with much less useful forte than others. I'd much rather we get access to the same stats and there actually be reasons to use different stat combinations.

New players do have more damage available to them now than before, but they also are a lot more fragile. So conditions for them in mod 22 didn't improve across the board. If you are a class that has trouble dealing damage early on, then conditions probably are better for you now.
    Mod 22 overall did make conditions in PVP better for specifically private matches, it does feel better than in mod 21.
    On the downside, the CCs are worse & solo que has been destroyed by mod 22's broken items, so in this setting, new players lives got worse, and the same goes for experienced players.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC