test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ToMM Bug - Tanks crashing loading in to the arena

thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
I thought this was just a problem with my game, but I've been told by others this is a wider issue so I'm posting it here.

When entering the trial arena to fight Halaster, there's a fairly high chance that a player (usually a tank) will crash while loading in. The game freezes and then crashes to desktop. This doesn't happen in other trials (such as ZCM) but other trials do not require players to go through a loading screen to enter the arena.

As for exact causes, it's not clear. It tends to happen more often when players spend a long time waiting in the circle after activating the door. It also tends to happen if players are using abilities when the circle is active (such as fighters Seething, or if someone has a shield up, or if wizards cast storm pillar, etc.). But this is not universally the case. As I said, I've been told other tanks are having this issue so it's not a problem with my game. It's also only started happening often recently - I'd like to say since M22 was released.

Comments

• Options
    oracle#9179 oracle Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    This has been happening to me as well on multiple toons on all roles. It only ever happens to me in TOMM. Players enter the circle, it counts down, and it puts us all in the arena with Halaster. I zone in as well, and can see Halaster and the rest of the room for a split second before my screen freezes and the Neverwinter program doesn't respond. I also can't see anything on screen other than Neverwinter even when switching applicatons - I can see the Windows Task bar and previews of other windows open, but no other window is actually able to paint the screen because Neverwinter is stuck there. I have to log out or restart the computer to regain control.