test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade Neverwinter standard from blue to purple - 2nd failure bug

powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
After 2 failed upgrades, the third should be guaranteed. The second failure took the preservation ward (only used one for glyph) but the failure count is still set at 2/3.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2022

After 2 failed upgrades, the third should be guaranteed. The second failure took the preservation ward (only used one for glyph) but the failure count is still set at 2/3.

How many failure you had when it reached 2/3? 2 failures or 3 failures? How many p-ward is used has nothing to do with the number of try.

For 0/3, it means after 3 failures, the forth try will be successful.

0/3 -> 1/3 (after 1st failure)
    1/3 -> 2/3 (after 2nd failure)
    2/3 -> 3/3 (after 3rd failure)
    3/3 -> success (at the 4th try).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2022

How many failure you had when it reached 2/3? 2 failures or 3 failures? How many p-ward is used has nothing to do with the number of try.

For 0/3, it means after 3 failures, the forth try will be successful.

0/3 -> 1/3 (after 1st failure)
    1/3 -> 2/3 (after 2nd failure)
    2/3 -> 3/3 (after 3rd failure)
    3/3 -> success (at the 4th try).
    I actually had this exact same issue and made a screenshot. I had set a ward to protect my Glyph, but no ward for enchanting stones and RP.

image (also, the image embed function of the forum is broken. just in case, here is also the link: https://imgur.com/dbHLbAL )

Expected to happen: the fourth (not the third, OP) upgrade to succeed with 100% chance. This would consume 3x ONE of either 100k RP, 1 ward, or 5 enchanting stone for the three fails, plus once the RP, the glyph (which it DID consume, but which is not shown) and the enchanting stones as upgrade cost.
    What happened: It (shows that it) consumed 3x 100k RP, 3x ward, and 2x 5 enchanting stones. Subtracting the 100k RP and 5 enchanting stones that it should consume on success, that leaves 2x 100k RP, 3x 1 ward and 1x 5 enchanting stones consumed, which is for a total of 6 failures rather than 3.

I think the bug is one of these, and it is easily confirmed which with more examples:
    - The guaranteed upgrade is not working, and the attempts show as the max attempts that should be allowed
    - The upgrading process is incorrectly always consuming the ward, rather than only when that slot is chosen to be eaten for the fail