test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about enchanting stones etc post update

Hi all.
Am I right in thinking that since the latest update, all enchanting stones, marks of potency etc. previously used for upgrading enchanting stones that were previously slotted into armour and weapons etc. are now effectively valueless as are any enchanting stones below level 10 since they cannot be exchanged for anything.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Enchanting stone, rank 3, 4 and 5 are still being used to upgrade Artifact and Artifact equipment.
    If you mean enchantment and runestone which are below rank 10, yes, they are pretty much useless except for being RP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    As to the old enchantments, anything below rank 10 is pretty much only good for RP conversion and anything below rank 12 is of dubious value in the exchange process. The Heart of Fire rank 14 enchantment is an outlier and can't be used in the exchange process unless the devs change something later. Things like the enchanting stones and marks of power are still used for artifacts and artifact equipment so there's still some value there.
  • Options
    kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thanks, thought that was the case. Somehow since the number of times there is a need to upgrade Artifacts and Artifact Equipment is pretty minimal suspect they will be almost worthless in a few weeks.
    Suppose I can make a bit more space in the bank slots currently taken up with a load of these stones. Anybody need a few lol.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2022

Thanks, thought that was the case. Somehow since the number of times there is a need to upgrade Artifacts and Artifact Equipment is pretty minimal suspect they will be almost worthless in a few weeks.
    Suppose I can make a bit more space in the bank slots currently taken up with a load of these stones. Anybody need a few lol.

I would say upgrading Artifact and Artifact Equipment would be a more frequent upgrade than upgrading enchantment/runestone in the future. Once you make your basic set of enchantment/runestone to be account wide, you should do less upgrade to enchantment/runestone vs upgrading future Artifact/Artifact Equipment to each of your 'real' characters.

There are 4 Artifacts, main hand, off hand, belt and neck (total 8 pieces) for each character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***