test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MOD 22 Preparations

melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
Hello, just decided to share my process for preparing for the new mod for no particular reason: This first post is just a copy of the information given to us in the MOD 22 post that I used to help me figure things out:

4x Offense Enchantments
4x Defense Enchantments
1x Utility Enchantment
1x Bonus Enchantment
1x Combat Enchantment
2x Overload Enchantments
And on the Companion sheet you will find a slot for a Companion Enchantment
Exchange Rates

Enchant/Runestone Rank / Exchange Currency
15 20
14 12
13 8
12 4
11 2
10 1

Weapon + Armor Enchants
14 120
13 80
12 50
11 30
10 20

Exchange Cost
New Enchantment Choice Pack Cost
All Enchantments - Rank 1 30
All Enchantments - Rank 2 60
Combat/Companion – Rank 3 90
Combat/Companion – Rank 4 120

The current item level of a rank 15 enchant on live is 200. A rank 2 enchantment in the new system is 600 Item Level which is why it takes 3 rank 15s to convert into a rank 2.

Don’t have a lot of high level enchantments lying around to exchange? Not a problem! You can also buy the exchange currency directly with AD to get a head start on the new enchantments.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    PREPPING FOR MOD 22
    Currency available to each toon when trading in all available enchants and runestones: (not counting heart of fire which would = 12 x 10 for me)

Shion (DC) = 393 (153 over to get 1 rank 4 combat enchantment and 1 other rank 4 enchantment type)
    18 in Inventory
    44 in runestones
    131 on equipment worn
    200 for weapon and armor

Balin (Ranger-SW) = 240 exactly what is needed to get 1 rank 4 combat enchantment and 1 other rank 4 type
    11 in inventory
    23 in runestones
    36 on equipment worn
    170 total for Weapon and armor

Katrina (TR) = 280 (40 over to get 1 rank 4 combat and 1 other rank 4 type)
    11 in inventory
    24 in runestones
    75 on equipment worn
    170 total for weapon and armor

Totals:
    All the overs 193 + 26 (enchants from bank) + 52 (runestones from bank) + 16 from Gur = 287

All shortages 22 + 18 + 65 +8 = 113

Subtotal = 174 + 72 from Chiquita = 246

Final total of 246 = what is left after the purchase of 1 rank 3 or 4 combat enchant for all toons and 1 rank 4 utility or runestone enchant type for my three primary toons.

Using the overages, I can purchase another 240 points worth of enchants. To avoid extra unusable currency, I need to NOT convert 6 points worth of enchants or runestones to make it an even # that will leave me with zero of the currency.

The extra currency will most likely be used to give Chiquita* and Shion an extra rank 4.

I currently have 6 million AD and consider that more than enough to purchase the same enchantment types for all toons at a lower rank.

* Chiquita is my paladin and I consider her to be weak and pathetic for solo play as compared to any other toon except the Thaumaturge paragon path. Because of this she usually has better stuff than any of my other alts and sometimes has stuff equal to or better than what I give my main or primaries.

Without any information concerning the type of enchantments available I have simply decided that the combat one is the most important regardless of actual fact and I will consider the runestone and utility slots the next most important ones.

I have already decided that all toons will be starting with these three enchantment types:

Combat, Runestone and Utility. While it is possible for me to give everyone all three using just the trade-in currency that is not going to happen because starting out, I want the Combat one to be as high as I can make it for all of them. For the runestone and utility, I want those to be as high as I can make it for my 3 primary toons and Chiquita. After that any rank 1 or 2 that I can afford to purchase will do for the rest.

Weapon and armor enchantments:
    For my alts it will not be much of a loss and since I am starting all toons with a rank 3 or better combat one hopefully it will be an improvement. All alts had rank 8 dread (cheapest I could find) and the armor enchantments were done pretty much the same way except that I was able to get a few higher ranked ones.

Offensive and Defensive:
    Currently all toons have rank 10 or better for regular enchants but because they basically made them useless already, I could care less that I am losing all of them on all toons. The only regular enchantment I will miss is the rank 15 Tenebrous that I had for each toon.

For these enchantment types, if the prices for the rank 1 and/or 2s are reasonable I may purchase some for my toons if not then I will wait.

For my DPS types (excluding my GF and SW) I will not be wasting my time with the defensive ones because the developers have already proven to me that it is not necessary for me to actively work on defense for a DPS type. Happened in mod 20 when I lost about 10 to 15k in my defensive stats and then later I further reduced it by another 2K in favor of a pure offense build without me really noticing a difference.

I have no idea what the “Bonus” slot is but I presume it is for enchants like the Tymora, Quartermaster and dragon hoard ones. If it is for this then I will continue having this on a few toons and I will probably still end up acquiring one for each toon.

Glad they kept the overload slots because I have a lot of Greater Dragon Glyphs in my guild bank and on every toon I have.

Just to be clear: my thoughts on these changes are this: In terms of enchantments, whatever is introduced in mod 22, it will be nerfed at a later date. The only reason I bother is because I still like playing the game and I presume at some point regular enchantments will become useful again and it may even happen with mod 22.

Gur (GWF) = 106 (16 over to get 1 rank 3 combat enchant)
    10 in inventory
    21 in runestones
    55 on equipment worn
    20 for armor enchantment

Heinz57 (CW) = 68 (22 short to get 1 rank 3 combat enchant)
    10 in inventory
    22 in runestones
    36 on equipment worn
    0 for weapon and armor

Darwin (GF) = 90 exactly what is needed to purchase 1 rank 3 combat enchant
    12 in inventory
    22 in runestones
    36 on equipment
    20 for armor enchantment

Chiquita (Paladin) = 192 (enough for 1 rank 4 combat enchant with 72 leftover)
    16 in inventory
    60 in runestones
    36 on equipment
    80 for armor enchantment

Waffles (SW) = 72 (18 short to get 1 rank 3 combat enchant)
    11 in inventory
    25 in runestones
    36 on equipment
    0 for weapon and armor

Wrkshpxtra (Ranger-SW) = 25 (65 short)
    4 in inventory
    4 in runestones
    17 on equipment
    0 for weapon and armor

Peaches (Bard) = 82 (8 short of 1 rank 3 combat enchantment)
    4 in inventory
    22 in runestones
    36 on equipment
    20 for armor enchant
  • Options
    angaelsangaels Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I haven't played in probably a year, so I'm coming into this really confused.. Just so that I understand, and enchantment gems less than 10 cannot be traded in for the currency that lets you buy the new gem? Someone please confirm this as I am lost on this... Just thinking now I have allot of gems I either need to break down or sell..
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    angaels said:

I haven't played in probably a year, so I'm coming into this really confused.. Just so that I understand, and enchantment gems less than 10 cannot be traded in for the currency that lets you buy the new gem? Someone please confirm this as I am lost on this... Just thinking now I have allot of gems I either need to break down or sell..

It is correct.
    However, you can buy new R1 stat enchantment from Sage shop for 100K AD each. Non stat R1 enchantment is 250K AD each.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***