test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Current State Of PVP (From The Final 2 Weeks Of Mod 21)

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited December 2021 in PvP Discussion
As you guys already know, PVP seasons, rewards, and the leaderboard were taken out by Cryptic around may this year and Cryptic stopped communicating about PVP at all for months. What tiny bit of communication we finally managed to get out of cryptic staff recently was the same "soon" HAMSTER they always say.

The only reason PVP started popping again on PC was because the community on PC got really organized around June till present day and was able to bring PVP back to life via our efforts. I literally had to host matches every single day of the week for over 4 months to make this possible. I more recently cut back to doing 3 or 4 days each week.

Consoles weren't so lucky, from what I can see, their matches are few and far between, but it does look like they started to get more of them over the last 1 or 2 months. They didn't have anyone with the time or dedication required to bring back regular matches for them is why. They also had some differences that made them even more dependent on rewards than PC was.

There are 2 pieces of good news though:

As of 2 months ago, the PVP community on PC is no longer dependent on me to host most of the matches, other players finally started doing enough of their own that I am probably only doing half of the matches or less now. Around 70% of all matches taking place that I know about are private 5vs5s, and many of those aren't mine.

The second piece of good news is Perfect World was just bought out by Gearbox/Embracer, including Cryptic. This change's effects on the game itself will probably take some time to become noticeable, but this gives us a much better chance of getting a good PVP update in the future.

--------

To anyone reading this, here is where you can find the surviving PVP community:

Here is PVP arena discord server, this server is part of the infastructure the PVP community on PC set up to organize matches on after seasons got taken out:
https://discord.gg/SSeBGh4ufu

Here is the name and join info for the PVP ingame chat channel that is tied to PVP Arena Discord:
PvP Training Session
Join Info:
Its open to the public, no invite needed. I can manually invite people to this ingame channel if people run into problems joining it themselves.

And here is the youtube channel where I have been recording the PVP matches, I didn't start streaming until very late into this project so these are only the matches from the second half of the revival project:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_wFXVuNnA25XqOMrMJiqw
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Post edited by trgluestickz on
Tagged: