test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My idea to tone down healing and cc in pvp.

lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
I know pvp is dead atm. but once resurrected it should bring some new systems, and here is my ideas:
1. Healing depression: simple - every tick of healing you get will lower your healing by 1% for 10 seconds, regardless of source of that heal, let's say it would stack 25 times (and every tick mean every so having lot of self healing will lower the heals from the healers, kinda lottery but could work).
2. CC: also simple - every cc you get will give you 5% cc resist for 10 sec, i think 5 stack would be fine, 25% cc resist from tenacity is enough to not kill cc classes.
Current system is bad, possible 100% cc resist kills not only cc of few classes but also their offense and defense that cc offers.
Also note, that mod 22 won't have elven battle enchantment, so the changes are needed.

There is also few things to change in stats, and counterstats. For example accuracy overpenetrates deflect severity when the value of accuracy is higher than deflect severity. I hope this is going to be fixed.

I'm posting this cause i still have hope for nw pvp.

Comments

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Idea is ok but this isn't a good execution.

We do need stronger healing depression, the amount of self healing available in PVP is absurdly high right now. Here is my video on self healing sources in PVP to illustrate just now bad the self healing situation is right now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWsH_2OvLGU&t=5s&ab_channel=HurricaneMarigolds

There already is a cc resist system applied in PVP right now that is very similar to what you just described. Also, cc classes aren't in any danger of being made irrelevant; wizard, fighter, and ranger are all plenty strong at ccing people right now and the removal of elven battle will make them even stronger at ccing people. The only 2 classes with very weak cc capabilities right now are DPS cleric and to an extent barbarian. The current stacking cc resistance/immunity system is indeed bad but not because its too much, if anything it isn't strong enough. Very few people remember that its there, only the tiny handful of most experienced players left actively watch for this mechanic while playing PVP.

For any onlookers, here is how the current PVP cc reduction system works:
    Currently in PVP, you acquire 1 cc resistance stack each time you get hit with a cc effect.
    Once you have 4 stacks, you go completely immune to ccs for 10 seconds.
    This stacks system is a bit finicky and it seems to require the cc effects to be different kinds and come from different powers. It can also be buggy and every now and then the cc immunity frame fails to proc. When it does proc though it is an extremely strong immunity frame that no ccs I know of go through.
    Classes that spend more time out in the open notably proc this immunity frame more frequently than classes that spend a lot of time hidden. This actually impacts the insignia choices veteran PVP players make. Classes that spend more time out in the open benefit less from the oppressor's reprieve insignia power than classes that spend a lot of time hidden or don't get hit much.

There are also many specific items that have been coded to have shorter cc durations in PVP than in PVE, or even outright disabled in some cases. Some examples include envenomed storyteller's journal and clingy leather coat.

Also about the weird accuracy/deflect severity math (deflecting in PVP literally makes you take extra damage if your opponent's accuracy exceeds your deflect severity), ideally this would be fixed, however, the devs can't just fix this variable by itself, doing so would cause everyone to become even tankyer and the amount of tankyness in PVP right now is already a problem. The devs need to change other variables that effect the damage/tankyness meta to balance out changing the dumb accuracy/deflect severity math.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC