test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizard class damage parameters not good

sixguns1sixguns1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Hello, I just returned playing the game for 3 months now after a 18 month break. I have noticed that my class wizard damage i do is far away from other damage classes at the same item level as me, asmuch as 2x to 3x the damage output more than me... I have contacted a GM he told me to post it here as he ( GM ) will take note of this and said this will make my problem more visable. 2x 3x more damage other classes can do compared to me is very wrong and very broken to me. Please Dev's/tecks/GM's look into this. You will clearly see what i mean. Are we supposed to be a non dps class? if so what is a wizard suppose to be in the game? I am concerned. Thanks for your time reading this, Please Help !!!

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Yes, Wizards are underperforming atm, but it's not by the amount you are suggesting. A lot has changed in the last 18 months as far as game play and stats go. Check in with some expert wizard players to see if you are on the right track as far as playstyle, feats, powers, etc. There is a lot more than just item level that goes into being a dps.
  • Options
    I have spoken to a couple high end wizards and i am using the build they advised, I will speak to more expert wizards see what they say. But without dought its a "huge" damage differance that i do compared to roughly eqaul standing (gear/mounts/companions) other damage classes. It is very worrying to me, I am concerned. If other damage classes beat me by a fair to average average more i would not mind, but it is ALOT of damage differance that concerns me greatly. I really do hope its just me and my build/companions/mounts ect... that is causing this damage differance.
  • Options
    yeah, seen it too often now, on longer dungeon runs, eqaul geared damage class do 2x my damage, something is very wrong. Hope it gets looked at. Thats all i can do! Hope Devs/GM's/Tecks look into this, Made my Wizard back in 2013. Please put our damage parameters on par with other damge classes or at least look into it. ( please ) Only class i like is Wizard.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Let's be real.... there is no profit to be made on re-working the WIZ. They are not going to spend any time nor money on it as their efforts are better suited on making us have to rebuild all our characters every few months to try and maximize Zen sales. Sad but true.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd be ok with them boosting all encounter damage by about 10% and at will damage by about 30%
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

I'd be ok with them boosting all encounter damage by about 10% and at will damage by about 30%

easy fix isnt it? Just dont understand,

Please devs/gm's/ ect ect etc.... look into the damage comparison between wizard and all other damge dealing classes, you will eaily see there is a fairly large promblem here. I understand the staff is so busy fixing many other things, but please.....Look into this issue.

• Options
    franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Unfortunately the Wizard class was rebuilt about two months ago, along with some of our companions. My Wizard was doubly punished, as his main companion was Xuna, who took a radical cut in performance. In short, in a single stroke, the Wizard went from one of the best DPS to one of the worst. I switched to Ranger which, for now, is the best DPS. Until the next radical cut in performance.
    However, your Wizard's performance seems very low, which makes me think that he is very poorly built. Take a look at my guide for beginners, which is in the guides section of this forum.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I play a rogue and a wizard on PC. Their item levels are almost identical, and their builds are roughly what people agree upon as "ideal." I get about three to four times the damage out of my rogue when I run queues.

Here's the thing that I've come to understand: Wizards do reduced damage over time. That means that in solo content they can do the same things as everyone else as long as they dance a lot more and avoid taking damage as they sloooooooooooooowly kill their enemies.

Everyone else does the same amount of damage much, much faster. Even the other damage over time attacks deliver their punch much faster.

So, in queued content, my wizard's damage is just starting to register, and the rogue's path of blades sweeps through and kills everything. Both damage over time. Not equal in any way. On Playstation, I have a fighter and a warlock, and...dang. No comparison at all. Not only more damage but more damage over time.

Some companions were nerfed a little while back because they were doing single-target damage as an AoE.

The problem with the wizard really seems to be that they do AoE damage as single-target, and even less than that as actual AoE. They'll get there, slow and steady, but when DPS is all about more damage right now...they aren't designed to be played with others. They're designed to watch others play.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Unfortunately the Wizard class was rebuilt about two months ago, along with some of our companions. My Wizard was doubly punished, as his main companion was Xuna, who took a radical cut in performance. In short, in a single stroke, the Wizard went from one of the best DPS to one of the worst. I switched to Ranger which, for now, is the best DPS. Until the next radical cut in performance.
    However, your Wizard's performance seems very low, which makes me think that he is very poorly built. Take a look at my guide for beginners, which is in the guides section of this forum.

It is not true that the wizard class was rebuild. Not at all. What happened was that the Thaumaturge paragon path was buffed. The Arkanist was almost untouched and "only" got the new Arcane Tempest encounter and a changed Steal Time encounter (faster animation, but less ticks, so a nerf actually). And while the Arkanist is still - and despite their efforts to buff the Thaumaturge - the "better" (dps-wise spoken) paragon path of these two, the Arkanist is also still a good portion below the lower end of the dps range of the other dps classes.
  • Options
    sageone#7098 sageone Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

I was reviewing your previous post about changes to the wizard and am a bit confused. The main complaints were for the animation time and the damage output of attacks. While you did shorten the animation time which is awesome, for some reason you felt it necessary to REDUCE the damage output which goes against what players wanted. As you have no doubt seen from numerous posts players want the damage output INCREASED for the cw because it has been at the bottom of the dps for quite awhile. Chances are @noworries#8859 wanted to make the cw better and stronger but the higher-ups told them no. i would ask if the cw can be reviewed again and not only have the previous damage levels restored but to have the following changes implemented:

Ray of frost magnitude increased from 55 to 60

Scorching Burst magnitude increased from 30-80 to 40-80

Chill Strike Spell mastery magnitude increased from 225 to 300

Shatter Strike: Powers with control effects now deal 200 magnitude (up from 150) against CC immune targets

Ice Storm: Instead of the knockback effect have it freeze all enemies within its radius for 4 seconds for 650 magnitude and for cc immune targets let it do 750

Maelstrom of Chaos: Reduce the animation time and increase the area of effect. Currently the animation time is so long that by the time it hits the enemies have already moved from the location.

Imprisonment was disliked only because it didnt do any damage. All you had to do was add damage to the power and it would have been acceptable. Give us back Imprisonment as an aoe with 225 magnitude and Spell Mastery makes it ST 350 magnitude with the arcane conduit effect.

None of these are big changes except for Ice Storm and Imprisonment but i believe they would go a long way in making players a little bit happier with the cw.
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I just want a good, fast, aoe at-will. Ray of Frost in every situation is getting a little boring. But it's the only one really worth using.
  • Options
    tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Never played wizard, but by experiences with them are 1) my two alliance friends do good damage 2) my tank/healer loves to have wizards in RC for controlling mobs 3) I tanked a VoS yesterday and the wizard did 300m damage, insane numbers compared to the other DPS (HR and SW, both experienced, HR had band of air...as did the wizard).

My DPS is HR which I haven't touched in ages (perils of having a tank/healer), but I could easily be 30% lower than a lower IL HR who plays it well (compared to my "use whatever encounter isn't on cooldown" style). So I know wizards can do great dps, but it seems to be *much* harder compared to other classes.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

I just want a good, fast, aoe at-will. Ray of Frost in every situation is getting a little boring. But it's the only one really worth using.

Storm pilar (not charged)
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    The new Trial set I believe should help a lot to improve the Wizards' damage. But the class really needs an at will AoE and more magnitude. It could also increase Arcane Tempest's area of effect which is currently tiny.