test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VOS 1st Boss Royal Gardener - 1.5M dmg Sever the Stalk attack

lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited December 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed dps getting one-shotted from this recently. It happens during the last phase and not during any mechanic that I can see / know of. What mechanic is involve here and how to avoid?
Post edited by lldt on

Comments

• Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Be clearer, I couldn't understand you!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    Hmm! May be a news report regarding a Gardener in Buckingham Palace stroke a plant and costed $1.5 million damage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Vault of Stars, first boss Royal Gardener. I don't know which attack Sever the Stalk is but I suspect its the tank buster. Without knowing the power that the name goes with, it's hard to say what the issue is.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    It's the Earth Blaster.
    High dps problem.. the tank needs to take aggro from the boss.

How to pronounce the Earth Blaster (1:00 timestamp). :p
    https://youtu.be/mQTEgWRi7FU?t=64
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    My bad. I typed this in a hurry before stepping out and I assumed that anyone who could answer this would probably understand the question.

In Vault of Stars dungeon, the first boss (he's called the Royal Gardener) does an attack during the last phase called "Sever the Stalk" (in the combat log). It can inflict over a 1 million unavoidable damage to DPS in hardcore runs, so it basically ends the run.

Just wondering how to avoid. I guess it is a dps / aggro management issue as per irene's reply.

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If it's the tank buster that he uses when he comes back from being untargetable, the tank has to make sure they have aggro before he phases. It's possible to get aggro from him when he comes back but there is only a small window before he charges.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    pitshade said:

If it's the tank buster that he uses when he comes back from being untargetable, the tank has to make sure they have aggro before he phases. It's possible to get aggro from him when he comes back but there is only a small window before he charges.

That sounds like what was happening and going forward I can watch the tank's aggro to confirm. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    lldt said:

pitshade said:

That sounds like what was happening and going forward I can watch the tank's aggro to confirm. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
    if you get Orange, stop hitting :D