test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An open letter to the devs: a player experience.

I am writing this as an open letter in hopes that others will share and maybe some changes in the right direction will be made.

I’m a long time player of 5yrs. I’ve seen and experienced many changes in the game over the years. Some good some bad. See that game change entirely twice in that time. But never in that time has the bug issues been as bad as they are now. You’ve been at this a long time. What’s the issue here? Let me walk you through my experience as a player.

To start. I would try direct contact and even support. But the last few times have been less than stellar and I was nice about it. I won’t go into that here…

Connectivity issues abound. Sometimes I’ll load in and instantly get dropped or lag out for several minutes (waiting) while the lag timer counts by and be dropped at the end of that wait. Loading into dungeons I will sometimes be dropped. These have been frequent enough to be frustrating. It’s not me it you. Nothing else I do or use has an issue.

Loading screens…. So many loading screens. With the new module you’ve got us going everywhere. That’s a lot of loading screens. Often 10-30seconds wait. Go to sharandar? Loading screens on loading screens. You seem to be going more toward having more than less.

My main character (who’s retired atm because of a frustrating longtime bug) is a ranger. There’s an encounter that won’t proc a majority of the time now. It has been getting worse and more frequent. Stopped playing him when bard came out. Found out just how bad it was getting when I had a nice working character. This has been a longtime bug that I’ve talked at length to others about that have been experiencing it as well.

Mob drops. Nearly non existent in many top end places. Sharandar drops next to nothing from mobs (including event). Haven’t seen a treasure drop since last mod (a major source of gold income that hasn’t been replaced)

There’s been major game breaking bugs way more frequently. Including now. You’ve managed to break the one thing that was keeping me going in the game no matter what you did. Professions. My shops are broken and you’ve broke my money machine. Never mess with the money.

I like the bard. I’m somewhat digging the new module (that’s way too easy). Only thing about the new mod is once your done there’s no point to any continuation. A store to maybe spend extra points on woulda given us something to do. Got part one done in a day without trying. Was expecting a month of farming. Now have really nothing to do. Especially since you’ve broke my workshops.

So I go on to play Cyberpunk2077. It’s more playable. And that’s saying a lot.

Pharos