test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unbind tokens

I'm sorry but why are we wasting time on unbind tokens? The issue with binding in the game isn't something more in game currency is going to solve. And as stated not everything will be able to be unbound leaving it semi pointless. In my opinion the only binding changes the game could use is axe the BoC keep the BoA but dungeon loot should all be unbound and sellable/tradeable (outside of special gear) the bazaar special items like coals and stones could be bought and traded/sold as well especially since there's a 1 per account limit on those limited time items. The boa should apply only to something you have equipped like gear or fashion or something like that enchantments / runestones are fine the way they are. My biggest issue is with dungeon chests getting an insignia drop or something like that and finding out it's BoA/BoC and I'm left with no choice but to just accept the overly small powder exchange on it. Dungeon farming is work as a player we put in, in order to profit and build our characters, getting items to sell is the entire reason of farming dungeons and its just a bit of a slap in the face when something drops as BoA. Unbind tokens is not the answer to this, they will in the long run be so much more trouble than just removing boc and stopping rewards dropping as BoA. Just my thoughts after seeing the unbind token post...

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Because many have asked for that for many years ... like 8 years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I've been asking for a long time now for them to just get rid of the binding status on all drops from everywhere in game, and have it be BtA at worst on equip. Yer I gotta wait 7 more years for that? Will the game even be around that long? As it is I can barley log in to do invocations. The game is constantly crashing, redirecting, disconnecting, or when I do get in game it has heinous lag. Fix the bugs and the other issues with the game first, then think about more sources of revenue.

I mean everyone has been asking for bug fixes before doing things that seem like more revenue generators since day one I'm sure, and things are still broken.
  • Options
    tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @"milehighxr#1299" said:
    > I've been asking for a long time now for them to just get rid of the binding status on all drops from everywhere in game, and have it be BtA at worst on equip. Yer I gotta wait 7 more years for that? Will the game even be around that long? As it is I can barley log in to do invocations. The game is constantly crashing, redirecting, disconnecting, or when I do get in game it has heinous lag. Fix the bugs and the other issues with the game first, then think about more sources of revenue.
    >
    > I mean everyone has been asking for bug fixes before doing things that seem like more revenue generators since day one I'm sure, and things are still broken.

That's never going to happen because it is very easy to create multiple accounts and ferry cheap or free Rewards to a Main account.

Take for instance the current weekly Free Reward Claims. With the "Everything Unbound" model I could have set up 10 accounts, and this week alone claimed 250 Mass Life Scrolls, mailed them all to my main account without even any transaction fees on the AH and been "In like Flynn."

That would be a very generously low number compared to how many accounts some people (particularly on PC) would ACTUALLY resort to creating in order to abuse such a situation and bugger up the economy while they were at it.

You WILL be waiting more than 7 more years for this to happen, and I suggest you abandon such a pointless hope.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    When I started, most (if not all) stuff from loot were unbound, the economy were very messed up. Everyone had many accounts. Many bots and bot were doing dungeon so that they could get stuff to sell for AD and then sold AD for cash in those 3rd party web site. Money went there instead to Cryptic. Chat channels were filled with "ads". And, dungeon run were filled with bot and "fun".

Make most to unbound will not happen. Make most to BtA, may be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

> @milehighxr#1299 said:
    > I've been asking for a long time now for them to just get rid of the binding status on all drops from everywhere in game, and have it be BtA at worst on equip. Yer I gotta wait 7 more years for that? Will the game even be around that long? As it is I can barley log in to do invocations. The game is constantly crashing, redirecting, disconnecting, or when I do get in game it has heinous lag. Fix the bugs and the other issues with the game first, then think about more sources of revenue.
    >
    > I mean everyone has been asking for bug fixes before doing things that seem like more revenue generators since day one I'm sure, and things are still broken.

That's never going to happen because it is very easy to create multiple accounts and ferry cheap or free Rewards to a Main account.

Take for instance the current weekly Free Reward Claims. With the "Everything Unbound" model I could have set up 10 accounts, and this week alone claimed 250 Mass Life Scrolls, mailed them all to my main account without even any transaction fees on the AH and been "In like Flynn."

That would be a very generously low number compared to how many accounts some people (particularly on PC) would ACTUALLY resort to creating in order to abuse such a situation and bugger up the economy while they were at it.

You WILL be waiting more than 7 more years for this to happen, and I suggest you abandon such a pointless hope.

I guess when I say everything, I mean from dungeon chests, hunts, bounties, sybella. Basically anything that requires me to complete a quest, or do a dungeon run. The stuff they give us just for breathing, yeah that should be account bound, but never ever character bound on equip.

• Options
    tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User

> @milehighxr#1299 said:
    >

I guess when I say everything, I mean from dungeon chests, hunts, bounties, sybella. Basically anything that requires me to complete a quest, or do a dungeon run. The stuff they give us just for breathing, yeah that should be account bound, but never ever character bound on equip.

TBH, I don't mind BtC on equip.

I understand its place in the game.

If all you need to do is get ONE of everything and can just unequip it and swap it to another toon, then that leads to people completing stuff quickly, not needing to repeat it, and very soon you have people desperately trying to find groups to run it who struggle to do so because all the Cool Kids already completed it and got the one version they need. (Cos why get more and have to Refine them, when one will do for the whole account, and it's BtA anyway so you can't sell it?)

What I truly hate, probably more than anything else in the game, is BtC on Pick Up, which is happening more and more with Event rewards. Where in the past you could run on a main, and earn multiple versions of something and give them to the most appropriate alt.
    If its something like "The Reforger's Box" though, then OK... I get it...

But it is a right ball-ache to have, say, a Healer Alt who doesn't have a great DPS build, and need to run through combat heavy quests that takes far longer than it need to on content that is only around for a couple of weeks, where time is of the essence.

Hint to Cryptic... I'll play the game more if you don't introduce artificial obstacles to me having fun while doing so!

It is especially galling when they are random rewards, though that isn't too much of an issue, as most Event rewards now are bought via a vendor.