test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bard Dailies

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
Why does the Bard only have 3 Dailies? ( I'm referring only to the DPS path as I haven't actually tried the healer path yet so I don't know how many dailies that paragon has).

Is it from a lack of ideas? I'm sure the player base can supply some!

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    *tinfoil hats*

Because the class was originally supposed to come out in Mod 16 (Yawning Portal references in the art, mentions of Bard in some Mod 16 items/that Bard NPC).

Then Mod 16 was too much for the developers to handle and the class was shelved.

Then Whiteside came along and needed something big, so he ordered the class revived.

Then Magic Legends was canceled, and Perfect World pushed up the release date of the class to late July/early August (despite numerous bugs on the class and Whiteside stating the expected window was September) just to generate buzz for NW.

So the dev team who had to revive the Bard from storage was stuck making a class from someone else's work and then dealing with a release window that was way earlier than intended.

*untinfoil hats*
    armadeonx said:

Why does the Bard only have 3 Dailies? ( I'm referring only to the DPS path as I haven't actually tried the healer path yet so I don't know how many dailies that paragon has).

Is it from a lack of ideas? I'm sure the player base can supply some!

The class in general only has 4 dailies, the two general dailies (Inspiration and Encore), one subclass specific (Lore for DPS, Curtain Call for healers). That being said, I do appreciate that of the Bard dailies available, they are distinct and varied in their use.

This is contrary to other class' dailies, which (in PvE at least) tend to have multiple daily attacks that do the same thing or have overestimated usefulness, or where one daily attack is so good it overshadows anything else the class has.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    All that makes sense. I would like the DPS path to have decent AoE and single target options though, the current ones are somewhat lacking!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox