test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Public Random Trial Queue not random any more!

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
In RTQ you have Assult on Swardborg,COD,Tiamat and Demogorgon. there is 4 of them and it should be 25% chance to get one or the other because they are RANDOM! But in all my 10 times i this queue I ended upp on Demogorgon all 10 times. So this makes this queue not random any more and this must be a BUG! Make this queue random again or just remove Demogorgon from this queue because there is no chance at all to complete this (improved) trial in public queue any more.

Comments

• Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    It is random, I always get tia. I really don't like tia. I wished I would get codg every time.

People queue for demo now because they wanna run it... shiny, new... if it doesn't fill or you run something that is required, you might end up in their run afaik.
    We are just not used to something shiny being on RTQ is all (for a reason) so yer might be able to RTQ premade until demo is not that interesting anymore? More likely to work like this than Cryptic fixing anything I'd say.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    It has never been random like that. The random queue also has a tendency to fill in for any active instance in need of players and your location may also influence what you get as well.

For awhile anyway I basically used to chose what I wanted by going to the campaign area and doing stuff there until the random happened. Or at least it feels that way as I seemed to get the trial for the area I was in more often. Most likely it is just coincidence, although it seemed to happen a lot for me.

Since mod 20 I have only done the random skirmish and trial and I am usually in areas not associated with any of the Trials or Skirmishes. I currently spend my time in PE, Workshop, Stronghold and the River District while waiting for the trial.
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    It is only truely random if you queue with a full queue-grp of 10. Otherwise you get paired up with people queuing for rtq AND for any of the trials. The reason you end up in demo is because the majority queues up for demo since it is new.