test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cursed enchantment/runestones from Nevember recruitment event

rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
Here we go again - you give away 1 free r15 enchantment and runestone during the level-up, but you silently made them cursed. Again.

Why do account bound items retake the character bound status from those enchants/runestones?
You pulled up this back-stab a few times in the past and every time it was so annoying to figure it out. It just silently renders your items permanently char bound - and you notice that feature later.

At least be transparent about it being a cursed item. (Edit: like visually - and when picking it up, because as I was corrected, there is supposedly a warning upon slotting in - you know... when I guess many players do not pay attention to the routine message about the gold cost) The best approach would of course be removing of this char-bound spread feature altogether.
Post edited by rikitaki on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I also have a recruitment character. He also got the runestone box which I did not pay attention to the box's bound status. When I opened it, the r15 runestone was character bound. In other word, for me, the runestone was born character bound. The box and its content can have different bound status.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The problem is not about the runestone being char bound, but about the companion equipment becoming permanently char bound if you slot that bound runestone into it.

The runestone silently spreads the char-bound status to other items, that is the curse.
    edited September 2021
    Got it. Yes, it has been like that for a long time and yes, it is a trap. That has nothing to do with the 'free' runestone/enchantment but character bound runestone/enchantment/overload in general.

By the way, when I equip that r15 to my companion gear, a warning message came up.

Just for the heck of it, I took some gold to take out that char bound r15 runstone.
    I put in a green account bound "Noble jade ring of the companion".
    I equip that char bond r15.

A message dialog box comes up:
    Attaching Indomitable Runestone, Rank 15 will cause the bind status of this item to go from Bound (Account) to Bound (Character). ..... Do you want me to continue?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I seriously did not notice such message. Well, may be my oversight in that case? Possible, but I am not gonna test it any more. :D

edit: may be it is switched with the gold cost warning? I really do not read those over and over again - I can see how I might easily missed that warning.
    edited September 2021
    rikitaki said:

I seriously did not notice such message. Well, may be my oversight in that case? Possible, but I am not gonna test it any more. :D

edit: may be it is switched with the gold cost warning? I really do not read those over and over again - I can see how I might easily missed that warning.

There is gold cost warning dialog box.
    There is "character bound warning + gold cost warning" in one dialog box.
    They don't look the same to me. There are enough junky account bound companion equipment to play (those green one).