test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has support-cleric been fixed ?.

diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Can't recall last time i played but i think it's about 2 years ago, and back then the clerics has a huge
issue where their dps-build had a much MUCH easier way to manage energy building
and i found myself constantly being energystarged when running in groups with my heal-build.

And now i find myself interested in coming back to the game again to see if i'll enjoy it enough to get hooked this time,
but this depends on if Clerics has been sorted out or not .

How does heal-clerics perform in groups compared to dps-clerics now ?.

Comments

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Cleric is a very good healer right now, but it was also very good before, nothing was "fixed".

The overall playstyle changed a bit: now Healing Word is a must have and Bastion is much less effective for AoE healing, and there's also a mark mechanic to heal the tank. But if you didn't like divinity management before I don't think you'll like it now either.

That said, I think resource management on the Cleric is currently the easiest when comparing the 3 healers (not counting Bard because I don't know enough about it yet). It has been way harder on Warlock in my experience, but it might be because I'm not that used to the class yet.
  • diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Last time i played, it was A LOT easier to manage the divinity with dps spec on cleric than heal spec,
    and this was also suggested by pretty much every veteran cleric i spoke to.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Imo Divinity management on the DC is still bad and it severely limits the encounter options to (BoL) + Exaltation + Healing Word (with Overflowing Spirit) plus a situational one other.

Whilst a well specced DC can pop out a decent HoT with this, it's pretty boring really as we can't gain extra divinity from at-wills any more to slap down other Dvinity costing encounters frequently if you're trying to always keep HW boosted with the OS class feature.

I much preferred the old cooldown timers on encounters, but I'd settle for them re-adding Divinity gain from at-wills.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox