test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Genie's gifts not affected by 2x

anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
While currency purchased via Genie’s Gifts is not intended to be doubled by Double Campagin Currency events, we will still enable the Double Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Currency event for the week after this fix goes live.

I am sorry, I am not sure if every single ounce of corporate memory you guys have has gone out of the window, but genie's gifts have ALWAYS been affected by 2x currency. You cannot go back on something that's always been the case and hurrdurrr it with 'ohhh it's never been intended'.

If anything you should expand gifts to work on ALL legacy campaigns, and have the bags of treasure give actually useful currency to advance those campaigns: Looking at Caer Konig reputation and Fallen Dragon Fangs specificaly, especially after you decided that the time and effort taken to unlock the beginning bit of Tyranny of Dragons means squat, and it is INTENDED that mod21 undos progress for no reason. After promissing time and time again that mod21 was not going to set back any progress.

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.
Tagged:

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    My sentiment when reading those patch notes.

"Eyebrows, facepalm, sigh"
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

While currency purchased via Genie’s Gifts is not intended to be doubled by Double Campagin Currency events, we will still enable the Double Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Currency event for the week after this fix goes live.

I am sorry, I am not sure if every single ounce of corporate memory you guys have has gone out of the window, but genie's gifts have ALWAYS been affected by 2x currency. You cannot go back on something that's always been the case and hurrdurrr it with 'ohhh it's never been intended'.

If anything you should expand gifts to work on ALL legacy campaigns, and have the bags of treasure give actually useful currency to advance those campaigns: Looking at Caer Konig reputation and Fallen Dragon Fangs specificaly, especially after you decided that the time and effort taken to unlock the beginning bit of Tyranny of Dragons means squat, and it is INTENDED that mod21 undos progress for no reason. After promissing time and time again that mod21 was not going to set back any progress.

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

She said it is not intended. It does not mean it was not always double in the history. They can consider it has been wrong since epoch.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    'We've decided we don't like something, so let's say it was broken ever since we made it' facepalm
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I'm happy it's not fixed yet, I'm happy to use it until the day it is fixed. But I looked at the time of the patch notes at the price of genie's gifts, and to buy out dread ring with genie's gifts on 2x event, the cost was 41k AD. Can't imagine this is intended.

Personally I would expect a fix to come the day genie's gifts are extended into the rest of legacy campaigns, but who knows!
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    AND they forgot to turn on 2x STK currency as stated in the patch notes...
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

How can they say it wasn't intended when nobody (?) from the original design team is left? Sounds like an excuse for a backdoor nerf.

Guys! Just say you no longer WANT them to give double! Being HONEST earns you more RESPECT!

Yeah, that's exactly what I was gonna say. None of them were here when this was established.
    They are only concerned with nerfing the remaining good stuff for the players.
    As far as honesty goes, I think you picked the wrong "target".
    It has never happened that this team admit to even obvious mistake.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    PC patch note:

Storm King’s Thunder: The campaign currency can once again be purchased via Genie’s Gifts.

Console patch note:

Storm King’s Thunder: The campaign currency can once again be purchased via Genie’s Gifts.
    While currency purchased via Genie’s Gifts is not intended to be doubled by Double Campaign Currency events, we will still enable the Double Storm King’s Thunder Campaign Currency event for the week after this fix goes live.
    For now, they will continue to work as they did before, so campaign purchases that doubled will continue to double.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    If they nerf the Genie Gift claiming this weak excuse I am done. I'm tired of being misled, tired of having things I paid for taken away and tired of things 'announced' by being buried deep in unrelated posts. I bought zen because I actually appreciated a few of the changes with mod 21 (never mind some of the completely broken things they have no idea how they are going to fix like surplus equipment donations.) But I'm tired of spending actually money and then getting things taken away. You can try to rationalize that it wasn't intended to be doubled, but the fact is it has been doubled as long as I can remember. To change it now without notification and without giving players an opportunity to account for it is dishonest and bad business.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Perhaps not many current players were around when Cryptic decided that peaking in the dungeon chest and deciding not to spend the key was an "exploit".
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Perhaps not many current players were around when Cryptic decided that peaking in the dungeon chest and deciding not to spend the key was an "exploit".

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?????
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Dungeon chests were never that arousing to me.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The point of my post is that it does not matter how long something has always worked "that way", Cryptic can declare it is not working as intended. With the peaking in chests, Cryptic even had the nerve to declare that they would not be banning anyone who had used the "exploit".