test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra help?

I leveled a Bard all the way to 20, but on the final mission, I seem unable to defeat Valindra. Everytime I get her health down, she disappears, the ground turns red and there appears to be no where I can go while apparitions hunt me down and kill me. I can't even target them? Any help would be nice!

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Obviously your first time in Valindra.
    She will go through 2 phases .
    At start , use artifact power , daily power , encounters etc . Throw everything including the kitchen sink at her .
    Once you wither her health bar down far enough , she WILL disappear . Your job is too keep moving along the wall on outside of ring . Make sure you stop in the areas without red each time . The red areas will last about 5 times . Each time it moves , your only job is to AVOID the red . Also try to stay away from the pink hags circle as much as you can . Make sure your health stone is in your belt tray for easy d pad use .
    Vallindra will now appear , throw everything at her again . Than she will disappear once more and another cycle of the red stuff happens . Dodge and avoid it again and Valindra will reappear , finish her off

I’m sure if you do a search you can find some YouTube videos and watch it
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    When she is gone and the area turned red here and there, this is what you can do:

You run clock wise. Move on the edge of the arena. Move forward when the red disappears. Stop before the red and wait for the red to disappear. Avoid those following you. You can't kill them. After you have gone for a circle (and may be a bit), Valindra will come back. You hit her again. If you can't kill her in the 2nd round, the pattern happens again. i.e. you run the circle again. If you can't kill her in the 3rd round, the 4th round will be tough for you because there will be much more adds.

Since Bard can do range attack, it would be relatively easy comparing with melee class.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    The above advice is good but if you still can't get through it I would suggest you party up with at least one other person for extra dps. If you can't find anyone and you're not in a guild (or in a dead one) I'd suggest joining one that likes to help people.

If you can't find one, PM me your charactername@gamertag and I'll send you an invite to Casual Gamers, where you'll be sure to find that assistance.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    At least, it appears Valindra was changed to be solo'able. I think they might have removed the 'hand'. If the 'hard' gets you, being solo, nobody will come to kill the hand. The chance of the companion comes over to hit the hand is low.

Edit: Wait! This quest is a campaign quest and not Valindra's Tower (the Dungeon) which may still have the hand. I have not been there for a long time. I did that campaign quest with my bard recently.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    The above strat is exactly correct, just one little thing:

If it helps to avoid the hags that are chasing you, you don't have to wait until the red fully disappears. As soon as the lightning(or whatever it is?) shoots across the red, you can safely run across it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    What hags? Those are soul puppets.

Valindra's grabby hand is gone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.