What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New video wasn't needed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Well, there's still the one in the tutorial. Not like WE get to interact with it, but there it is. Be a real hero and watch Makos do all the work...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User

All I can say is, my daughter has been singing that song non-stop since the day the video arrived.

You can't just make the game.

You also have to market the game.

And as a marketing tool, this video nails it. It does everything it was supposed to do - capture the spirit of the game, give some insight into what's in the game, and make you want to play the game...now.

Oh, and there's a bard.

But mainly, that DRACOLICH.

Fine, nothing against them making things to market the game. But how does forcing it into the game and making it impossible to disable from playing every time you launch the game actually market the game? If you see it in the game, you are already a player/customer. Marketing video no longer necessary.

Just give us a way to disable it completely.

• Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Fine, nothing against them making things to market the game. But how does forcing it into the game and making it impossible to disable from playing every time you launch the game actually market the game? If you see it in the game, you are already a player/customer. Marketing video no longer necessary.

Just give us a way to disable it completely.

It doesn't play every time I log in. It only played the first time I logged in after the mod went live.
  • Options
    miqe#7825 miqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    For me it plays every single time I start the game just as the character list is supposed to appear. The whole loading experience of this game needs an overhaul. First we get a standard loading screen with a progress bar. Then we get a second loading screen with no progress bar. Then we get a long extreamly repetative video.

1. If they made as an advertisment then why is it in the game?
    2. If we've seen it 60 times, whey can't we disable it?
    3. Instead of 2 loading screens and a video, make the video the loading screen. Play it at launch and end it as the game finishe loading. No other loading screens.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    miqe#7825 said:

For me it plays every single time I start the game just as the character list is supposed to appear. The whole loading experience of this game needs an overhaul. First we get a standard loading screen with a progress bar. Then we get a second loading screen with no progress bar. Then we get a long extreamly repetative video.

1. If they made as an advertisment then why is it in the game?
    2. If we've seen it 60 times, whey can't we disable it?
    3. Instead of 2 loading screens and a video, make the video the loading screen. Play it at launch and end it as the game finishe loading. No other loading screens.

I don't know what happen to your set up.
    After I click "play", there is a loading screen with "Cryptic" and the loading bar.
    Then, the screen with the Dragon with "Loading ..." in the bottom.
    Then, character selection screen.

There is no video.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***