test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP-- I am stuck. Cannot complete quest.

My quest path leads to the mine entrance, then disappears as soon as I step inside. I killed everything inside, and interacted with all the objects, but it won't show me the war troll I am supposed to defeat and it won't show me the icehammer I am supposed to recover. I completed all the previous sections and they are no longer accessible. Things I have tried so far:
-logging out and back in
-logging out, rebooting the computer, logging back in
-logging out, shutting down the computer for 24 hours, logging back in
-changing the map instance
-visiting another area first then coming back
-doing professional activities in the workshop and doing Summer Festival activities then coming back
-abandoning the quest and restarting
-talking to all the NPCs (none has anything to say besides a greeting and no option other than goodbye.) When I abandon and restart, the questgiver in the dwarf village gives me the mines quest, the path appears, then vanishes as soon as I enter. I thought maybe it's supposed to be that way, so I explored every corner, knocked over barrels, threw one down the chasm, even jumped into the chasm myself (I died.)
-walking to the blue diamond on the map (it moves as I approach so I can never reach it)
-setting the quest path by clicking on it on the map. When I do this, it gives me a path that leads to nothing -- it just ends with no objective in sight.
It never shows me the war troll I am supposed to defeat, and never shows me the icehammer I am supposed to retrieve. What do I do?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Send an email to Support.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    What is the quest? Which mine? Which map?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • janeiac#9519 janeiac Member Posts: 13 Arc User

What is the quest? Which mine? Which map?

It's justcalled the mithril mines and the icehammer, bothin the Icespire Peak region.

greywynd said:

Send an email to Support.

What is the email address for support, please?
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    You'll have to go down to the lower deck, apparently you missed it.
    (Descending to the next level of the mine)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    It is from my memory (the game is offline at the moment) and I am not sure if it is the same quest.
    The mine quest I remember is like the following:

You enter. Go through a tunnel. Reach to a more open area. Go straight. Turn right and cross a bridge. Go straight to another cave into a tunnel. Then, go down to another more open area (lower area). Turn left. Go straight. Cross the bridge. The boss is in the end of that bridge.

Yes, you need to kill various mob in the route. I also did not account various small tasks the quest may require you to do.

This may help although I don't know if it is the same for the current mod.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtnlO_GRJYQ
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    This is exactly the quest, but now it is greatly simplified.
    One thing is for sure: to get to the trolls, you have to go down.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    mushellka said:

You'll have to go down to the lower deck, apparently you missed it.
    (Descending to the next level of the mine)

I cannot find how to get there. I poked in all the corners and died trying to climb down. Any hints how to find it?

@ Plasticbat, thanks-- my problem is when I cross that last bridge I find an empty cavern. No war troll, no sparkly path. The rest looks the same.
    I figured it out. I was indeed in the lower level, accessed by a winding, sloping corridor. When I reached the lower bridge, the cavern beyond appeared empty until I actually walked on the bridge; at that point, the big bad appeared and my quest path also showed up and the arrow icon went green. It really threw me that it vanished upon entering the mines. Thanks to all for helping.