test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please bring in replacement for coalesced magics

Hey! I've seen this addressed in a few places, but wanted to make a thread dedicated because this, to me, was one of the only big oversights as far as end-game items go!

I was working towards the mirror-plated belt set on my paladin and almost had enough currency to finish it out before the update went live. Now I'm stuck with the artifact and only one of the gear pieces with no way to get the second short of shelling out the astral diamonds. I'm not sure if they drop from Lair of the Mad Mage? If they do, it wouldn't be at nearly the rate needed.

I'm curious why this was removed and if there's any plans to re-implement it. It was the only solid way to get these great artifacts short of hoping to get lucky or (like everything else) grinding AD and it was a nice alternate route/excuse to go back to undermountain.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked about the new changes! The leveling system is absolutely great, I am so happy to not have to deal with so many repetitive side quests and to instead focus on learning the game and play controls narratively! I also really love the division between adventures and campaigns - It shows huge potential for separating out more narrative content from the grindier, end-game-directed content. All in all, I'm loving it!!!

Related to the above, I think the one area Neverwinter could improve would be in offering more options to achieve higher level gear/upgrades.

Coalesced magics for artifacts was one great example of that. The HC rings for VoS are another! (Much as I don't have time for it XD).

It would be neat if there were more alternate routes to gain things like higher level enchantments, runestones, weapon/armor buffs, etc. Grinding out dungeons for AD is fun, but it does get tiring when the only way to move forward seems to be replacing your gear enhancements one by one using AD and nothing else. The trade-off for leveling them up just isn't there, but it might be if there were multiple avenues to follow in order to do so!

Some ideas:
  • More campaign grinding options, allowing players to revisit campaign areas to get universally relevant items.
  • More craftable end-game options. It would be so neat to be able to craft rank 15 enchants/runestones from rare dungeon drops. Some of them could even only be options for dungeons in HC mode or scattered across various skirmishes/trials/etc. It'd be a great way to drive engagement there beyond only AD rewards! (And make crafting even more relevant)
  • Reward-specific challenges, similar to the undermountain campaigns. It was so nice to be able to choose between additional RP, AD, etc. Something like that but that would award companion tokens/mount tokens/rp/ad for advanced content, and introduce different challenges depending on the reward, could be really neat!
Essentially, right now, it feels like there isn't much incentive to actually explore the content that isn't the most recent. It makes perfect sense for the highest-level content to introduce the highest-level gear and rewards. I wouldn't expect that pattern to go away anytime soon. But offering options for working towards other universal, long-term upgrades through previous content could be a nice middle ground and make people feel less like they are wasting their time by enjoying the less-relevant modules!!!

This got away from me a bit. Thanks for the updates though, and I'm really loving the direction the game took with this last update. RP/AD/Mount coins/Companion tokens in dungeon rewards are a HUGE step in the direction that I'm talking about here also, and are very much appreciated!!