test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Appearance/Transmute Option For Weapon & Armor Enchantments

deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
With the addition of more and more SKINNED VERSIONS of weapon and armor enchantments (Holy Vorpal, Butterfly Bilethorn, Flower Barkshield, etc.) it is becoming more and more tedious, not to mention costly, to be able to switch between skins that players like.

To showcase this issue, take for example the Vorpal enchantment, we currently have 4 of them in the game, namely:
  • Divine Vorpal (Milestone Only - Rank 9)
  • Floral Vorpal (Zen Store Only - Rank 9)
  • Holy Vorpal (Zen Store Only - Rank 9)
  • Regular Vorpal
A player generally would not be using a rank 9, instead they'd eventually opt for maxing out the enchantment at rank 14. So imagine wanting to switch between enchantments for their visuals only, you'd need to max out each one. All this, simply for a skin, which to begin with was obtained with a premium currency?

This system, in my opinion, is not sustainable as more and more variants of the exact same enchantment are added.

A suggestion to solve this problem would be to offer these "skins" as transmutes for the BASE weapon or armor enchantment. So if we took our example of the Vorpal weapon enchantment, it should have the ability for a "transmute/skin" option where you can select from a list of options for skins that you already own.

To add my own personal thoughts to this, I will generally tend to not buy unique weapon/armor enchantments purely because of the fact that if I were wanting to use them, I'd have to max them out, when I already have a maxed out base (regular) version.