test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Signet of Patronage Now Takes 8 weeks to make.

Due to the changes of the TOD campaign, you get 5 arcane lore now from a weekly when it is not 2x currency. Now the boon tasks all got reduced to 5 arcane lore so you would be able to get 1 boon per week which is normal pace. However I don't think the Signet was looked at as it costs 40 lore. Without 2x you would have to do 8 weeks to get the currency to make it because of the lore alone. Other campaigns only take a few days worth of currency unlike this.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I am not sure I get your point. The following is my understanding.
    1. 2x currency means you can earn more currency.
    2. The Signet is meant to be made by a character which already did the campaign and has a lot of currency. Then, pass the signet to a new character so that this new character can do his campaign in 50% cost. For example, my 'matured' characters reached its cap of 300 Lore. They can make the signet easily.
    3. The Signet is not meant to be made by the character which is trying to finish the campaign.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @plasticbat The signet is meant to be created on char which already did the campaign. But that character needs to grind the currency for 2 months now to be able to afford to create one signet of patronage. That defeats the purpose as creating the signet takes even longer than doing the campaign without it.

The observation that you have now stored a lot of currency on your char is irrelevant as it is no longer so easy to obtain. This feedback was about the current state, not about the remnants of the past.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    rikitaki said:

@plasticbat The signet is meant to be created on char which already did the campaign. But that character needs to grind the currency for 2 months now to be able to afford to create one signet of patronage. That defeats the purpose as creating the signet takes even longer than doing the campaign without it.

The observation that you have now stored a lot of currency on your char is irrelevant as it is no longer so easy to obtain. This feedback was about the current state, not about the remnants of the past.

As I said, I did not understand his point. I personally never thought of creating the signet from absolutely nothing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tepakuzelugon#2021 tepakuzelugon Member Posts: 19 Arc User

rikitaki said:

As I said, I did not understand his point. I personally never thought of creating the signet from absolutely nothing.
    Not everyone will have maxed out currency and depending on how many characters they make they will eventually run out of said currency. Especially if they are running through the campaign frequently.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If they're running through the campaign frequently then they should have the needed currency in fairly short order. How many signets are you expecting to make?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tepakuzelugon#2021 tepakuzelugon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    greywynd said:

If they're running through the campaign frequently then they should have the needed currency in fairly short order. How many signets are you expecting to make?

It will take one character 8 weeks to get the signet. You only get 5 lore per week. By the time I can make that, I could have run through the entire thing again on another character or two at original costs. That is not how the signets are supposed to work.
    As someone who recently started back fresh after a long absence, I don't have access to the resources to even make a signet for my second character. That will take 8 weeks alone let alone what else I have left to finish on my 1st.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I think the point is that the tod signet takes significantly longer to male than the other signets available.

I do agree with the original post that the cost of the tod signet should be adjusted to be brought in line with the cost of the other signets.